Dover: a sign of things to come?

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Just getting back to the JFK and Orlando airports comments.

All US airports are the same. In your face favouritism of US citizens.
    It'll get worse when Trump gets in. He's already said French and Germans will need stricter vetting because of their open borders, that's why we voted for Brexit in his view. Well some did, but I won't say what I think of them.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Dabber wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    (Me an my daughter are going Plymouth roscoff for our trip to La Velotoise, Figeac)

Might see you there... I've done it the last couple of years and I've been over in the Lot for the last month and might end up doing it again. It's been pretty hot here btw.

good, it peed with rain last year and we didnt do it, due to tent leaking/collapsing, getting soaked at 2am and a screaming baby keeping us up all night, race day was dry though if i remember correctly.

BnB this year :)
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    mamba80 wrote:
    Dabber wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    (Me an my daughter are going Plymouth roscoff for our trip to La Velotoise, Figeac)

Might see you there... I've done it the last couple of years and I've been over in the Lot for the last month and might end up doing it again. It's been pretty hot here btw.

good, it peed with rain last year and we didnt do it, due to tent leaking/collapsing, getting soaked at 2am and a screaming baby keeping us up all night, race day was dry though if i remember correctly.

BnB this year :)

It wasn't you and your daughter I spoke with at registration on the Saturday last year was it?

And yes, not the best weather the day/night before but the actual ride on the day was Ok other than a few wet bits on the descents.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Possibly, i do remember speaking to a fellow brit on reg day, my daughter had been ill leading up to the race, so on top of no sleep, we decided on a DNS :(

Anna and Micheal insisted we still eat the Paella and drink vino though and we said we d be back, i doubt they believed us !!! but it seems a lovely event and a beautiful area, so why not?
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Sounds like it was probably me and my wife. Yes a nice event and a good parcours with some decent climbs. I'll probably be on part of the route tomorrow Might bump into you this year. If not, have a good one..
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut