Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB workshop & tech

Damaged pivot mount

leighton40leighton40 Posts: 7
edited July 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
12 months ago bought a ktm phinx full suspension off ebay. (My first full sus mtb).
This year I started taking it to the trail centres at llandegla and cannock and have started to get addicted.
At the end of a ride recently I noticed that the rear suspension right hand main pivot bolt (hope my terminology is right) had come undone and was sticking out.
I tried to tighten it up later but it just turns freely even though I can push it right in and doesn't tighten. On taking it apart for a closer look it looks as though the thread in the frame where the pivot bolt threads into has worn and damaged. I undid some of the other pivots to compare and the threads are all intact. However the bearings are all knackered.
I realise at this point I should have taken better care of the pivot bearings and might have avoided this.
Is there anyway I can fix this or am I going to need to buy a new mountain bike?
If I ever buy another one I am going to buy from my lbs and get them to service it regularly as I accept I am not the best mechanically.