TDF 16 Rest Day 2

2»

Comments

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Overlord2 wrote:
    Bit disapointed tbh. I think he might regret it a win on the champs or a gold. I know what i'd take.

1. I'd take the Gold. The whole world knows what Olympic Gold means, a very small percentage know or care what a win on the Champs means.

2. Cav would take Gold, he already has 4 wins on the Champs

But I am a bit disappointed all the same
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Already got 4 Champs and still possible for another few years, last chance at gold.
    Next 4 days would be very tough.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I really feel that he would miss the time cut on one of the stages anyway. I think he may feel that way too.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,655
    Curious comment by Cancellara on Mollema.

Firstly, even I was bowled over by how much faith Cancellara has in Mollema.

Secondly, and more interestingly, Cancellara was talking about how they look after Bauke; and how each GC rider is different.

He noted Mollema doesn't like to follow the wheels, so if you're ahead of him, you can turn around and Mollema will be somewhere else.

They've found, depending on the race circumstance, having guys behind him or either side is much more effective for him.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Any news from the Boy? Has deuxieme Journée de Repos been born yet?
    In amongst names like Mark, Peter, Tom and Chris, there's a Jarlinson. We can only hope.

If only. Little un was born on the 13th and my other half vetoed Peter as a middle name. I'm no fan of Sagan myself, but a deal's a deal. Except when it's not, apparently.

Though it might be me who goes to the registrars.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    The_Boy wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    In amongst names like Mark, Peter, Tom and Chris, there's a Jarlinson. We can only hope.

If only. Little un was born on the 13th and my other half vetoed Peter as a middle name. I'm no fan of Sagan myself, but a deal's a deal. Except when it's not, apparently.

Sagan isn't a bad middle name, is it? Can always profess a sudden love for the space scientist of pale blue dot fame?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Oh, and congratulations, btw - hope all are well.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    The_Boy wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Montpellier? Tinkoff?

Congratulations
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,535
    Curious comment by Cancellara on Mollema.

Firstly, even I was bowled over by how much faith Cancellara has in Mollema.

Secondly, and more interestingly, Cancellara was talking about how they look after Bauke; and how each GC rider is different.

He noted Mollema doesn't like to follow the wheels, so if you're ahead of him, you can turn around and Mollema will be somewhere else.

They've found, depending on the race circumstance, having guys behind him or either side is much more effective for him.

If only other GC riders adopted this strategy. They don't need a sprint train. Someone to be there in case of a mechanical and someone to fight for position. Done.
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Montpellier? Tinkoff?

Congratulations

Oleg?
  • manic_esso
    manic_esso Posts: 92
    I see Greg has been making some interesting insinuations

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/greg-le ... ont-exist/

Stopping just short of anything that might incur a lawsuit but he's not pulling many punches
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    manic_esso wrote:

Stopping just short of anything that might incur a lawsuit but he's not pulling many punches

I've a lot of respect for Greg Lemond and his achievements but I think he may be losing the plot there slightly. :(
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,535
    manic_esso wrote:

Should go on the motor doping thread. Interesting that he has ridden one.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    effillo wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Montpellier? Tinkoff?

Congratulations

Oleg?

Christ, no. In any event, Sagan actually got more traction than I thought so, in spite of him being on Team Not My Man, that could be a goer.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy