I had made this Pelephant for bike

2»

Comments

• Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Can I get one thing clear - does this brilliantly named device have any application other than taking pictures of your bike?

And as a secondary question, do any of your bikes have brakes?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    yikes there are some horrendus designs on that site!
  • Giraffoto wrote:
    Can I get one thing clear - does this brilliantly named device have any application other than taking pictures of your bike?

It can let your bike stay temporarily.

Please see this bike with Pelephant
    627435174b2b7208c90d4e839fe02925.jpg
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Giraffoto wrote:

It can let your bike stay temporarily.

Please see this bike with Pelephant
    627435174b2b7208c90d4e839fe02925.jpg

Or you could lean it against that nice shiny railing over there so it won't fall over when there is the slightest gust of wind.

Could you explain how the Pelephant operates on surfaces that aren't perfectly flat? I fail to see how the bike would be prevented from rolling forwards or backwards and thus falling over.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Ok - but there is a perfectly good wall with railings a couple of meters away - lean it against that?
    It might look "good" but it's not practical - anyone brushing past that will knock the bike over - likely to cause some damage.

It's an interesting concept and looks like neat - but you're not going to get anywhere on a road bike forum - the vast majority of us will use pedals with cleats - not flats - so this will be incompatible with our shoes. It has limited use.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Looks like the most insecure way of propping a bike ever conceived...
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Slowbike wrote:
    yikes there are some horrendus designs on that site!
    Agree, i sometimes wish people would focus on solving world poverty than coming up with nonsense like that stuff.