I'm Sorry! It costs f**king HOW MUCH?????

13»

Comments

• Gromson
    Gromson Posts: 100
    ...Paper towels are best, just dry off most water then a fresh sheet to dry the rest off. Or just wash, shake and go.

All are utterly pointless because you go to pull the lavatory entrance door open with your dry hands and realise the handle is mmmmmoist. Is it just water? Or was it a"shake and go" person?

Third paper towel to pull the handle with is mandatory until Mr Dyson invents a self-drying pee-free door handle.

And maybe dribble proof slacks.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Gromson wrote:
    ...Paper towels are best, just dry off most water then a fresh sheet to dry the rest off. Or just wash, shake and go.

All are utterly pointless because you go to pull the lavatory entrance door open with your dry hands and realise the handle is mmmmmoist. Is it just water? Or was it a"shake and go" person?

Third paper towel to pull the handle with is mandatory until Mr Dyson invents a self-drying pee-free door handle.

Well you can get bins with a sensor that you just wave your hand at and they open - next logical thing would be toilet doors...!
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    apreading wrote:
    Gromson wrote:

Well you can get bins with a sensor that you just wave your hand at and they open - next logical thing would be toilet doors...!

been in ones in Denmark where the doors, taps and driers were all remote sensor operated- in a lay-byes on motorway rest areas. If Carlsberg did ...... :D
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I used a toilet in a bar in Holland years ago that had a revolving toilet seat like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptpn53MX1Yw

Weird stuff out there!
  • Bill B
    Bill B Posts: 10
    Seriously?
    If it was carbon fiber and wind tunnel tested by pros most of us would pay twice that and have three different models in our garage.
    What's the big deal?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Bill B wrote:
    Seriously?
    If it was carbon fiber and wind tunnel tested by pros most of us would pay twice that and have three different models in our garage.
    What's the big deal?

It's only a friggin hairdryer.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Bill B
    Bill B Posts: 10
    And a bicycle is only a friggin frame with a couple of basic components and two wheels.
    Your point?
    :)
  • pinno
    Bill B wrote:
    And a bicycle is only a friggin frame with a couple of basic components and two wheels.
    Your point?:)

A bicycle is a work of art. Aside from the subjective, the fact that a hair dryer is only a vanity product, a bike is 98+% efficient and 2nd only to the aircraft industry in terms of construction, strength to weight ratio and materials. Components are often made of a mixture of titanium, aluminium, carbon, stainless steel, in normal use they are extraordinarily reliable and work very well.
    Can you price form, function and 150 years of evolution/R&D?
    Bill B wrote:
    ...If it was carbon fiber and wind tunnel tested by pros...

I don't want a Ferrari. I'm not interested in a high end sport Motorcycles, Formula 1 cars, light aircraft, Swiss Watches...
    You see my point?
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    Pinno wrote:
    Bill B wrote:
    Your point?:)

A bicycle is a work of art. Aside from the subjective, the fact that a hair dryer is only a vanity product, a bike is 98+% efficient and 2nd only to the aircraft industry in terms of construction, strength to weight ratio and materials. Components are often made of a mixture of titanium, aluminium, carbon, stainless steel, in normal use they are extraordinarily reliable and work very well.
    Can you price form, function and 150 years of evolution/R&D?

Surely a bicycle is a simple mode of transport. You believe it to be an artwork, other see a lump of metal. A hairdryer is a functional item also. This one has been engineered to the nth degree and by some will be coveted. To each their own
  • if it's a Dyson it will engineering to perfection then cocked up by the product designer and industrial designer such that it has more stress raisers than a comet window frame. I'm on my fourth visit from the Dyson man in four years to replace parts that have clear design failings.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    how much Dikko for a digital motor that gets you up 25%ers in awesome quietness?

oh fu ck you dont do awesome quietness
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Fenix wrote:
    Dyson was also a Brexiteer.

His main complaint was that EU restrictions made it harder for him to get talented people from outside the EU to come and work in his labs in the UK.

So he wanted extra immigration ? Whilst shipping the bulk of his jobs abroad.

I won't be buying Dyson anything now.

Nor me. Dyson is a no-go brand for me now. He's a pr*ck.

(BTW the upper limit on the cost of a hairdryer is about £17.50).
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,496
    Joelsim wrote:
    Fenix wrote:
    Dyson was also a Brexiteer.

His main complaint was that EU restrictions made it harder for him to get talented people from outside the EU to come and work in his labs in the UK.

So he wanted extra immigration ? Whilst shipping the bulk of his jobs abroad.

I won't be buying Dyson anything now.

Nor me. Dyson is a no-go brand for me now. He's a pr*ck.

(BTW the upper limit on the cost of a hairdryer is about £17.50).
    Out of interest are you now going to check whether the owner of any business is a Brexiteer before you buy their products or services? You're going to be a busy boy if so.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Dyson moved production out of the EU donkey's yonk's ago, With the change in the pound, do you think he'll come back?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,496
    Pinno wrote:
    Dyson moved production out of the EU donkey's yonk's ago, With the change in the pound, do you think he'll come back?
    Unlikely. Exchange rates can move quickly and are hard to predict. Moving production is more of a long term decision. Also Malaysia is probably a fair bit cheaper.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]