I'm Sorry! It costs f**king HOW MUCH?????

Comments

• FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Buy her a Tune coffee cup instead
    http://fairwheelbikes.com/tune-coffee-mug/
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    Still got a Dyson DC15, had 15 years of very hard work. Brilliant piece of kit. Only now showing signs of its hard work with change over valve sticking, getting serviced by Dyson. £300-400 for a hair dryer? My daughters wouldn't be getting one whoever made it, we thought the hair straighteners they wanted a few years ago were steep! We've now moved on to cars and insurance, how fracking much does that cost!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Do you struggle to hold your handlebars steady as you ride on a bumpy road?
    Different action completely.

What's with this defence of Dyson hand dryers? Can't people have different opinions over Dyson products without an argument? You don't work for Dyson or represent them in any way do you? :wink: Tin hat firmly on with that tongue in cheek comment.

You like them i don't. Simple as that. For me they don't work any better and in some ways I feel they're worse than others. My preference is those with a tighter, round air jet that even come with uv light, which I feel isn't needed BTW.

If your own argument is "Dyson make the worst hand dryers ever" then you can expect a similarly over the top response. It is clearly ridiculous to say that Dyson make the worst hand dryers ever. Whether or not they are as good as they could be is moot (I have long fingers and it doesn't cause me any problems with using them) - the fact is that they are vastly superior to the traditional ver feeble hand driers (made my companies that aren't Dyson) that we are all familiar with that probably aren't much quicker at drying your hands than just letting the water evaporate on their own. Further more, the Dyson design has revolutionised things a bit and now there seem to be all sorts of brands of drier that actually do the job in about 10 seconds rather than a minute.

What I don't get is why people rub their hands together whilst using these driers. All that does is stop the air blast from reaching and drying the water. I find the best approach is to just hold my hands still in two adjacent driers simultaneously and they dry in about five seconds.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    World Dryer Corporation. Those things pack a punch.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    MrB123 wrote:
    World Dryer Corporation. Those things pack a punch.
    I'm not surprised if the dry worlds. But surely we need water so that would be a bad thing.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    Rolf F wrote:
    What I don't get is why people rub their hands together whilst using these driers. All that does is stop the air blast from reaching and drying the water. I find the best approach is to just hold my hands still in two adjacent driers simultaneously and they dry in about five seconds.

An even better approach is not to wash your hands in the first place. The all stigma against holding your penis for a few seconds and immegdiately having to wash your hands is simply ridiculous... the fear of contagion is ludicrous... the all obsession forpublic toilet manners is unfounded...

There you go, I said it... actually I typed it, with (possibly penis dirty) fingers :lol::mrgreen:
    left the forum March 2023
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    FatTed wrote:
    Buy her a Tune coffee cup instead
    http://fairwheelbikes.com/tune-coffee-mug/

In what world...

:o
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Rolf F wrote:
    If your own argument is "Dyson make the worst hand dryers ever" then you can expect a similarly over the top response.
    And you didn't spot that was a deliberate hyperbole?

Obviously it's not "the worst", patently ones that aren't even powerful enough to dry hands are worst. We have them at work. I used that tone not literally but I guess I didn't use the smiley needed to put that across.

Let me spell my views on Dyson hand dryers out so you can get my opinion. They advertise their products along the lines of being better than others. IIRC these hand dryers were originally the most hygienic and efficient dryers according to the marketing blurb. My opinion is that they're not the best in either of these categories. Dryers need to be low maintenance but these enclosed dryers need to be kept clean (you never seen a poorly maintained Dyson hand dryer with dirt and even signs of mould where water drips?). IMHO the action of.having to keep your hands central in a small gap whilst jets of warm air blow and slowly move up to dry is not a good drying action. You can't focus the jets on the slower drying parts of your hands. I almost always need a second lights go at it

Put simply it is my opinion a decent single jet hand dryer that is not enclosed works better than a Dyson hand dryer. If you need me to retract the "worst" comment for you to accept that I have an opinion that's as valid as yours then consider it retracted. I'll even go back and edit it out if you really want to waste my time some more.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Rolf F wrote:

An even better approach is not to wash your hands in the first place. The all stigma against holding your penis for a few seconds and immegdiately having to wash your hands is simply ridiculous... the fear of contagion is ludicrous... the all obsession forpublic toilet manners is unfounded...

There you go, I said it... actually I typed it, with (possibly penis dirty) fingers :lol::mrgreen:

the thing with these hand blowers is that IF you did have something that really did need washing off, then the blower is going to send all those contaminated water droplets all over the place........ :shock:
  • mrb123
    Rolf F wrote:

Just don't sniff your fingers afterwards.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    MrB123 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Just don't sniff your fingers afterwards.

Nor bite your nails.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    So it's you lot of unhygienic Fannie's ( you know the type, you've gone down on the young lady, she farts, and it's like smelling Alpine air) that pick up mints from a courtesy bowl when you pay your bill at a restaurant which is the tested to show multiple samples of urine left on the mints.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • mrb123
    I assume we're all agreed on washing hands after a dump??
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Rolf F wrote:
    If your own argument is "Dyson make the worst hand dryers ever" then you can expect a similarly over the top response.
    And you didn't spot that was a deliberate hyperbole?

Obviously it's not "the worst", patently ones that aren't even powerful enough to dry hands are worst. We have them at work. I used that tone not literally but I guess I didn't use the smiley needed to put that across.

I suspected it might be but I also suspected that it might not be but that you'd claim it was after my post!........

Anyway, it's not relevant whether your post was deliberate hyperbole or not - you were complaining about other peoples over the top reaction to your over the top post - I was simply pointing out you shouldn't have been surprised that an over-reaction was the outcome given the wording in your own post.
    Let me spell my views on Dyson hand dryers out so you can get my opinion. They advertise their products along the lines of being better than others. IIRC these hand dryers were originally the most hygienic and efficient dryers according to the marketing blurb. My opinion is that they're not the best in either of these categories. Dryers need to be low maintenance but these enclosed dryers need to be kept clean (you never seen a poorly maintained Dyson hand dryer with dirt and even signs of mould where water drips?). IMHO the action of.having to keep your hands central in a small gap whilst jets of warm air blow and slowly move up to dry is not a good drying action. You can't focus the jets on the slower drying parts of your hands. I almost always need a second lights go at it

Put simply it is my opinion a decent single jet hand dryer that is not enclosed works better than a Dyson hand dryer. If you need me to retract the "worst" comment for you to accept that I have an opinion that's as valid as yours then consider it retracted. I'll even go back and edit it out if you really want to waste my time some more.

Of course Dyson advertise their products as being better than others. What's the point of advertising your products in any other way? That's what advertising is and that's why I never watch adverts and never buy things because of them.

And I've never had any problem drying my hands on one of these things but maybe I have quick drying skin!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ugo.santalucia
    MrB123 wrote:
    I assume we're all agreed on washing hands after a dump??

That is a good compromise
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I remember reading an article by a doctor that you are far more likely to catch something from touching stuff in a public loo so it is actually better not to wash your hands.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I remember reading an article by a doctor that you are far more likely to catch something from touching stuff in a public loo so it is actually better not to wash your hands.
    I worked in Harrods briefly as a teenager. One day next to me at the urinals was the man in charge or arranging the posh chocolates for the public. Leaving the toilets I enquired as to whether he was going to wash his hands? "Na, my dick's clean man." Was the reply. Fair enough :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Moving on

our 7 year old AEG washing machine needs new bearings - but its a sealed tub so not repairable. Instead of a set of £30 bearings it looks like a new machine.

At least I can get parts for the Dyson vacuum cleaner that's well over 10 years old.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Only problem I had with any Dyson stuff was when a ribbon gut stuck around the brushes thing in the foot - it burnt out the motor because I didn't realise. This was on a unit that my monster in law gave us. She'd had it at least 5 years and we used it a further five, before I replaced it after the ribbon incident. Paid less than £300 after trade in and fully expect another 10 years service. Mother in law also replaced with another Dyson, which she uses daily in her four dog home and has done so for the last 6 years. We also have a handheld which has proved faultless in over a year in my custody.

FWIW, Dyson offer a brilliant package for schools in terms of education and technology materials for lessons. Don't know of any other manufacturers with anything on offer.

300 nicker for a hairdryer? Yes it's excessive, but by jove are they good. my mate runs a salon and after a demo on one, he's seriously considering buying a full set.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Dyson is a 24-carat kn0b. His vacuums have long since failed to be market leading.

And anyone remember the Dyson washing machine? Took on Miele, Bosch, etc. But even more expensive. He got his arse handed to him on a plate.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • ugo.santalucia
    Veronese68 wrote:

The problem is that if you are going to get sick just by touching things, you should question how you managed to survive outside the womb... it's just an industry that wants to sell you soaps and detergents and antibacterial stuff you don't need
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    should your surgeon wash his hands , or the nurse who dresses your wound?
    how about the midwife who weighs all the babies and sews up the tears?
    I saw a bloke this week with conjunctivitis caught from a cat.
    herpes and lots of other germs are very common on the penis. I wash my hands in the toilets in the hope that diseased people might also. the bit I have a problem with is getting out of the room , which almost always involves grabbing a door handle that has been smeared with faeces and herpes etc by people that think too much and still get the wrong answer.
    you could use a bit of toilet paper or a tissue and dispose of it in a bin outside.
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    SecretSam wrote:
    His vacuums have long since failed to be market leading.

Someone else who might want to check the facts.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    SecretSam wrote:

Quite.
    dyson_graphic_333774a.png
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    i hope with all those dividends going to family, he is up to date with the firms pension contributions?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    SecretSam wrote:

Depends if you mean market leading technology or market leading sales doesn't it.

One's subjective the other's objective.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

Depends if you mean market leading technology or market leading sales doesn't it.

One's subjective the other's objective.

It's all about image, I can't imagine that many people go to the effort of checking out Which? reviews, etc. to see which is the best they can afford. In terms of performance, I don't really find there's that much difference between any of the major vacuum cleaner brands. My mum's G4 on the other hand sucks up the stuff that our Dyson leaves behind. Unfortunately they cost about £1,500.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    :shock:

From cunnilingus to Dyson. I guess this thread is a lot of hot air and blow jobs.

FWIW. I accumulated 3 Dysons. One came out of a skip, one was given to me and another I found on my rounds. 1 just had blocked filters. The other 2 made into 1 good one. I gave both to my mother to save her carrying them up and down stairs.
    The third had a dodgy motor - brushes were worn out. I contacted Dyson and they were adamant that as I wasn't a registered Dyson repair agent, they wouldn't sell me the part. So I shopped around and got hold of a company that did all spares. Well, I say 'all spares', Dyson don't do replacement brushes but they will sell you a whole motor! £77 plus postage.

The problem with Dyson's iss that the peripheries go: the clips and the concertina tubing, the seal at the left hand side where the round filter above the bottom deck etc etc.
    I now have a £50 Vax compact. It's easily as good or if not better than the Dyson.

Ugo has a slight point though washing hands after shaking your todger all over the place is recommended. We chuck far too much bleach, anti-bacterials and cleaning agents down the toilet or sink and it's all going back into the environment. I wonder how many allergies are caused by people's susceptibilities to various allergies as a direct result?

There was a long article in the Grauniad about Soya. From deforestation to another pressing problem. There's proof that eating unfermented soya has an effect on Women's fertility. The Chinese ferment it to make Soy sauce but in the west, we are using it as a meat substitute without any fermentation. In day's of old, raw Soya was used as a contraceptive amongst concubines and prostitutes in the far east. The residues in urine after consuming Soya are accumulating in our water courses and it's a feed back loop. Add the cleaning agents and hey presto, no wonder the West has falling fertility rates, cancers and allergies.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,756
    mamba80 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

the thing with these hand blowers is that IF you did have something that really did need washing off, then the blower is going to send all those contaminated water droplets all over the place........ :shock:

You're supposed to wash and then use the hand dryer. Not either/or. So by the time you are drying your hands, the water is clean. Happy to help.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    My expletive at charges for parking at Southampton General Hospital.... outrageous.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.