Can someone explain this to me.

13»

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    My little un returned from the last day of school term last Friday, with a pre printed post card with the schools address on it. Her home work for the summer was to write a post card saying what she'd done over the summer and where she'd been!

Once I had established that the school weren't paying for the stamp, I did as normal with most of her home work and completed it myself.

Dear Mr Wilson, I hope you are enjoying your 6 weeks paid holiday, from your 16 weeks paid entitlement for the year, Unfortunatley I have been sat at home because my father works for an employer who only gives him 4 weeks holiday a year and he has to enter a ballot with the other 150 colleagues for 12 places for Holiday outside the school term dates.
    He did however enjoy receiving your letter last year informing him that you were fining £60 for the day I had at skeggy with him last October.

Hes also a bit mythed that as a postman he's now got an extra 150 postcards to deliver on his round whilst you Sun your arse in Florida.

Regards Grace.

Bunch of gits!!!! And I used to teach cover before this job!!! Didn't get paid or retained over the summer though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,498
    Anyone who takes their kids to Skeggy quite frankly deserves to be fined :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    36489e9dccfe374ae9a6ad55b3d309f0.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Never been, never wanted to
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Never been, never wanted to

...or Blackpool. The 'rents said that 'we shouldn't have gone to Spain (Catalunya), we should have gone to Blackpool instead' !

WTF? Inbreds... :roll:
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Not sure why people are finding it hard to understand that kids want to give presents to people they care about.

My wife is a teacher and gets presents every year but to be honest she really appreciates it most when any of her pupils have instead written her a letter or personal note.

So our kids now do that for their teachers if they want to.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    tim wand wrote:
    Dear Mr Wilson, I hope you are enjoying your 6 weeks paid holiday, from your 16 weeks paid entitlement for the year,
    I love rubbish like this. Teachers are paid a salary, for teaching kids & all the marking & lesson prep etc that goes with it for 9 months of the year. It makes life easier for everyone if they're paid that salary in 12 equal monthly chunks, rather than getting a bit more in term time then nothing in the summer. That's what salaries are. Unions, govt's, LEAs, all agree that being a teacher is worth £x a year, and pay that amount over 12 months not 8 or 9. They don't get 16 weeks paid leave, they don't even get to submit a leave request for a time when it suits them. Not for them a sudden "I fancy a week off to go and watch the TdF in The Alps". They get their hols when school closes.

My wife's a teacher too, but she doesn't come home with a car full of stuff every July. She does get some really nice cards & the occasional box of chocs though, with genuine heartfelt thanks not from parents as much as from her kids who she's guided usually all through their teens to up to young adulthood and for some of them the only responsible adults they meet on a regular basis are their teachers.

Sorry MF, but I'd ask why wouldn't you? Why wouldn't you buy a present for someone who's been there and through a combination of encouragement, skill, life-experience, bribery & occasionally shouting & threats of detention has turned an awkward teenager into a smart young employable adult with prospects, in most cases? It should be compulsory to thank teachers for all they've done.
  • pinno
    What I find most amusing about all this is that you lot have taken MF seriously. Nobody does that.