Nice attacks

2»

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Was struck by this image... that's a bulletproof windscreen... :shock:

_90395354_034063439-1.jpg

Really? Why do you say that?

I see a windscreen full of holes, with small areas of broken, disrupted glass around each hole. The glass is still mainly intact because it's a modern laminated screen.

The older I get, the better I was.

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    finchy wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    The only thing I would say is that it needs successive generations disown all forms of any religious belief. Only then will humanity truly advance.

My mate's wife is pregnant. They're devout Muslims.

Should they not bring up their child as [devout] Muslim? And how are we going to encourage them not to do so? "So he doesn't become a terrorist, mate"?

Just playing Devil's advocate.

They should have a perfect right to do so but yes I would say if they do that is a bad thing. Why would you bring a child up to be a devout anything.

If you believed there's a heaven and a hell, and only devout followers of religion X will avoid burning for all eternity, wouldn't you bring your child up to be religious?

Ah I see - you are answering my question why would you bring a child up to be a devout anything - your answer being that if you believed a load of old hokum then you would. If I changed the "would" to a "should" that might be better.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • earth
    earth Posts: 934
    Mr Goo wrote:
    In the main the modern practicing Christian reads from the New Testament. All Muslims follow the words of the Koran which was written at similar time to Old Testament and therefore still contains 100s off passages of intolerance and hate to non believers. There in lies the problem with Islam and the modern world.

As for equality for humanity. If only.
    The gulf between the haves and have not in western society has become a chasm that cannot be crossed. And I beleven that in part this was some of the thiking behind the Bremit vote.
    In the middle east one has appalling conditions for migrant workers that could be compared to the slave labour of ancient Egypt.
    Africa is just a basket case of tribalism. And
    China continually flexes it's steroid injected muscles and nobody dares to challenge them.

What a damned world.

I may be mistaken but as I understand it the first 5 books of the three abrahamic religions are the same - the old testament. The Koran was written by Mohammed from the year 609AD onwards so it is not old testament.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I think that despicable acts like this are,unfortunately,the new normality for the world for the foreseeable future. I don't propose to have any answer to the problem it is far to complex. When I hear that tw@t Trump spout off I despair all he will do is create a recruiting sergeant for any radical organisations out there.

I will say this, Muslims and Christians killing one another over who has the best make believe friend, pathetic.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.