TdF 2016 Stage 10 *Contains spoilers*

124»

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    EBH playing a canny game

And Greg - he's not looked too bad this Tour and has done no work for ages.
  • bobmcstuff
    Impey needs to get off the front though, idiot.
  • bobmcstuff
    Matthews FTW
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Bling!
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Bling does it, nice ride!
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • bobmcstuff
    Enjoyed that very much.

Sagan overconfident there.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    That sh1t just isn't right. Should have been Sagan all the way if there was a cycling God!
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Milton50 wrote:
    I was thinking about Matthews for PTP.

:roll:
  • bobmcstuff
    FocusZing wrote:
    That sh1t just isn't right. Should have been Sagan all the way if there was a cycling God!

Nah, he didn't ride it very intelligently did he - he was doing all the work for ages, foolish.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,535
    The 5 weren't quite as bad as they looked then. They all fancied their chances against Sagan in the sprint.
  • onyourright
    onyourright Posts: 509
    FocusZing wrote:
    Disagree. This finish rewarded the best racers.

It’s the Tour of the anglos this year!
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    edited July 2016
    Was going to say Sagan is the World Champion for Second Places in TdF Stages, but it's awkward when he is actually a World Champion.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Orica Bike showing Etix Quick Step how to win a bike race when you have 3 riders against 1.
    (apologies to Sam D, GVA and EBH)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Dumoulin got lead out by every wheel twice and still ended up last - it was like he couldn't switch his burners on ....35 years old just not the same as your late twenties !!
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    EBH hasn't had a TdF stage win since 2011 :shock:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Orica Bike showing Etix Quick Step how to win a bike race when you have 3 riders against 1.
    It does help if the one chases everything like a dog chasing a stick.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Michael Matthews Theresa Mayed it.

Sagan was robbed I tell thee!
  • bobmcstuff
    FocusZing wrote:
    Michael Matthews Theresa Mayed it.

Sagan was robbed I tell thee!

He robbed himself
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Andre Greipel ‏@AndreGreipel · 17m17 minutes ago

The good thing about a 24 km climb at the start from @LeTour stage 10 was that I could eat my breakfast twice...
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    RichN95 wrote:

So if Sagan doesn't cover the Orica moves and everyone else sits there waiting for him to cover said moves and he doesn't, and by the time the others realise he's not going to chase Impey's 10 seconds down the road, no-one would criticise him for not covering the move... would they? Seems like he's caught between a rock and a hard place, or am I missing something obvious here?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    RichN95 wrote:

So if Sagan doesn't cover the Orica moves and everyone else sits there waiting for him to cover said moves and he doesn't, and by the time the others realise he's not going to chase Impey's 10 seconds down the road, no-one would criticise him for not covering the move... would they? Seems like he's caught between a rock and a hard place, or am I missing something obvious here?

No, Sagan needs to risk being a bit more rubbish sometimes, then he'd get more chances.

My suspicion is that Sagan gets into too many breaks for his own reputation - because he's so often there, his failures are a little more obvious than for many others. Plus he'll often be there when it really doesn't suit him, and he's always a marked man (usually everyone else gangs up to work him over because he's the biggest threat - and it's relatively low risk as they know he'll chase). I don't think he'd win any more races if he weren't so good, but I'd bet that we wouldn't notice him lose so many.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Heads up. How is this for a cross tailwind?

etape_11.png

a demain. :D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,655
    Sagan riding like he's Merckx without the finish.

Good fun though. He's good value isn't he??
  • Dumoulin got lead out by every wheel twice and still ended up last - it was like he couldn't switch his burners on ....35 years old just not the same as your late twenties !!

13662198_513807215496123_3574370518352980501_o.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RichN95 wrote:

Do what Stannard did at Het Nieuwsblad. Let the rider go, and reel him back in slowly (perhaps with help). No need to jump straight on the wheel when you are better than the attacker.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,655
    RichN95 wrote:

He shouldn't be so obvious with his superior strength.

Bit of blowing, a bit of ' i can't do this'.

Orica were really overweight in that break so why was Sagan even doing any work? And even before that Dimension too.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Heads up. How is this for a cross tailwind?

etape_11.png

a demain. :D

Cross? It's furious! :)
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs