Canyon Aeroad 6.0 or 7.0

2»

Comments

• DanTe1977
    DanTe1977 Posts: 46
    Man, those guys, when will they ever get it? Amazing bikes, absolute shite customer service.
    I have two of their bikes an Aeroad 9.0 and an AL 9.0, that's nigh on £6000 grand and I've been amazed at how tight they are whenever there's a problem of which there's been lots of. Getting the Aeroad was a fricking nightmare, they eventually gave me a set of DA pedals foc but it was blood from a stone.
    Anyways sending it back was the right thing to do.
    Why don't you wait for the bike to reappear massively reduced in their factory outlet and buy it back, now there's a discount lol!

@mallorcajeff is your seat really that high? How ever long are your legs!?!
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    The more I read about Canyon, the more I'd just get a Giant Propel from a UK store. You did the right thing sending back, as above, if you really want one, get it back on sale..
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    If you do get a Propel check out Pedalon (where I bought my SuperX this week).

Great guys to deal with. Plus you get a shed load of podium points and the lure of 12 months buy now pay later.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant ... Nis6104013

Yeah, it's a few quid more. But you can get a free Edge 1000 performance bundle with it.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Hovis
    Hovis Posts: 87
    Alternatively Canyon have the black one in stock?
  • DanTe1977
    DanTe1977 Posts: 46
    They are stunning bikes though, that is the problem.
    The Aeroad is a beast, worth preserving with if you can bear it.
    My AL almost tops it, it's by far away the best Ali bike I've ever ridden. It knocks spots of my old CAAD. It is extremely hard to tell that it's not high end carbon. My brother has the CF SLX and there's not a lot in it...
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    I broke the foil up for parts and sold it off as nobody wanted to buy it as a bike so stripped it but was a love,y bike just couldnt get comfy and the s5 the frame cracked like just about every other one ive spoken to since. Got a replacement frame and didnt even open the box sold it straight away and got a canyon instead. Was a rush purchase as has too many bikes piling up so needed to out them and make some room
  • wayneabs
    wayneabs Posts: 63
    I caved in and kept it. It was too much looking at it every day knowing I couldn't ride it. Got an extra £50 Web voucher which sorted some canyon bottles/cages and spare innertubes/brake blocks.

Now time to ride it!
  • wayneabs wrote:

Now time to ride it!

You won't be disappointed
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • On tenterhooks. My 6.0 arrives on Monday :-)
    Do give us a report
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    I just stuck another 104 miles on mine this morning and was back by lunch time and to watch the end of the ladies race. You will love it. Ive had probably 7-8 top end bikes the last few years and this is well up there
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Mine turned up at 9.05 this morning. Result.

All great out of the box except a couple of V small chips in the top tube. Have sent them photos but it's not really an issue.

Maiden ride tonight after work.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    DanTe1977 wrote:
    Man, those guys, when will they ever get it? Amazing bikes, absolute shite customer service.
    I have two of their bikes an Aeroad 9.0 and an AL 9.0, that's nigh on £6000 grand and I've been amazed at how tight they are whenever there's a problem of which there's been lots of. Getting the Aeroad was a ******* nightmare, they eventually gave me a set of DA pedals foc but it was blood from a stone.
    Anyways sending it back was the right thing to do.
    Why don't you wait for the bike to reappear massively reduced in their factory outlet and buy it back, now there's a discount lol!

@mallorcajeff is your seat really that high? How ever long are your legs!?!

My exp of their customer services was that when we had issues with delivery and damage caused through shipping, they did everything possible, they could nt have been more generous, even when i ordered a replacement hanger as a spare and the agent ordered me the wrong one, they gave 2 of the correct type as a sorry.

Agreed it wasnt always easy, they always seemed to have to refer back to Germany, some autonomy would be good but they operate on lead times, so if there is a problem, how do you expect them to be able to conjour up a bike? be the same if you ordered a Cervelo from an LBS and it was faulty, if the importer didnt have any in stock, you d have to wait or a refund.

Finally, when we realised the sizing was wrong, we had based it on their PPS system and on email advice (and that was after the 30 day period by 41 days) they gave my daughter a new bike.... and we kept all the freebies too! how good was that????

I d buy all my future bikes from them BUT not after they implement a new IT system LOL!
  • Curto,

We must have twin bikes! Mine had a couple of small marks on the top tube too. Annoying really, but there are a plethora of stickers that can be used to disguise. Otherwise, everything is pristine. Have sent Canyon pics though, so we'll see what they say. I spent forever fiddling about with it today lol, really like the little torque wrench tool. Tyres are ok, not terrible but not amazing. I will swap out for my Michelin Pro4 and latex tubes. Front derailleur needs a bit of fettling. I ordered carbon paste but it came with a sachet and I ordered helicopter tape but there are plenty of patches to prevent frame/cable rub. Noisy breaking as expected :-)

So.....having ridden a superb titanium frame and campagnolo for 12 years it's going to take some time for all the changes to sink in... but my first impressions are really excellent. It really is much stiffer than my titanium frame but somehow it manages to be really comfortable too. Heaven knows how they do it, but it's deeply impressive. It feels so light but not flighty. I was unsure about the 52/36 after many years on a 53/39 chainset but it works really well. A big useable range whilst still in the big ring (once the derailleur is adjusted properly) :-)

A fantastically well put together all-round package and at the sale price, too good to refuse. It arrived on the first day of the allocated shipping window and couldn't have been any more straight forward to buy from them. I'm looking forward to getting to grips with it in the coming weeks....

Size is XL, bottle cages from Decathlon, don't quite match but near enough.
    35kppbd.jpg
  • mamba80
    only crit i d have or rather a word of warning is the RD hanger bolts started to come lose, noticed it during a race wheel change, loctite and they ve been fine.
  • markot123
    markot123 Posts: 5
    Nice looking bike. What size is that frame?
  • Markot,

It's an XL, I'm just slightly under 6'4'' and it fits really well, although at the top of the range for that frame size.
  • e0qy6q.jpg

My XS 6.0 arrived Thursday. If it makes the original poster feel better - Same damage to the Toptube.

Still waiting on a response from Canyon.

Awesome bike though.
  • Seems like it's catching! This was mine...

2zhdtsl.jpg
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    It really isn't difficult for them to bubble wrap the frame, there's no excuse for a bike to turn up with chipped paint.
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Barley that's exactly the same as mine. Exactly same place too. Weird, suggests may have left the factory like that?
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • I have had an ultimate CF SLX Di2 for eighteen months; I've also got an Inflite as a winter bike/commuter and was very pleased with both bikes which were initially delivered in a reasonable time frame - so a fairly loyal customer.
    The ultimate developed cracks at the seat post clamp and bottom bracket. My LBS says they've seen this before on canyon frames. So far six weeks at service centre and new frame not even dispatched so no carbon bike over the summer. Borrowed a bike for summer alps trip. Have another trip in September and no too optimistic Ill have it back by then!
    What would be a reasonable compensation for this? (I suggested an upgrade to the Di2 to a medium cage to allow a 32 cassette - but no reply so far).
    What can be done about Canyons persistent disregard for its customers?
  • My Aeroad 7.0 Di2 arrived today, no damage, looks great. Headset was a bit of faff to fit and stop the little bit of play in it, but sorted now :)

The big problem though is it was missing the Di2 charger and cables and the battery is low :( Weekend test ride on the new bike is looking doubtful now.

Sizing also looks good based on the canyon online calculator
  • mamba80
    I have had an ultimate CF SLX Di2 for eighteen months; I've also got an Inflite as a winter bike/commuter and was very pleased with both bikes which were initially delivered in a reasonable time frame - so a fairly loyal customer.
    The ultimate developed cracks at the seat post clamp and bottom bracket. My LBS says they've seen this before on canyon frames. So far six weeks at service centre and new frame not even dispatched so no carbon bike over the summer. Borrowed a bike for summer alps trip. Have another trip in September and no too optimistic Ill have it back by then!
    What would be a reasonable compensation for this? (I suggested an upgrade to the Di2 to a medium cage to allow a 32 cassette - but no reply so far).
    What can be done about Canyons persistent disregard for its customers?

When my Carbon SLX mtb frame cracked, Canyon sent a new one with in 2 weeks, they told me at the time they keep stock for this sort of thing.

i guess you must have paid with a CC, so tell canyon you are going to take out a claim against them and the CC issuer, unless they replace or refund asap and do it, i did against a well known UK on-line outfit over some expensive 2 year old shimano Carbon wheels, got a full refund within a week.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... -purchases
  • jimmurray
    jimmurray Posts: 130
    Just got mine delivered with similar scratches in exactly the same place. On the plus side was delivered three weeks early.
  • I dunno how you guys can put up with these scratches, would bother me no end! Seems crazy that they have so poor QC/handling of the frames that they get scratched. Like others have said, it's not like it's hard to bubble wrap the tubes when assembling/shipping. Beautiful bikes, but all of the troubles with deliveries/scratched bikes/customer service put me off and I went and got a Cervélo.