Not all 17 million Leave voters can possibly be racist northern pensioners without an O level to the

13»

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    You know when ISIS do something terrible and everyone demands that 'normal' Muslim folk take to the streets to 'prove' they don't endorse the actions of ISIS? Otherwise it's assumed they do support the actions of ISIS (because ISIS claims to be carrying out the terrible acts in the name of Islam)?

Well, Leave Voters. I expect the same. Separate yourselves from the racists, the bigots, the xenophobes. Take to the streets.

Or I'll assume you support them.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    Well, Leave Voters. I expect the same. Separate yourselves from the racists, the bigots, the xenophobes. Take to the streets.

Or I'll assume you support them.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The above just shows how stupid your argument is!

Can you let me know when the remain march is to disassociate yourselves from the IRA (aka Sinn Fein) as they were on the remain side and I want to support this view as I'm sure you do as well?

Grow up because you are just making yourself look more stupid!!!
  • Ben6899
    Don't talk wet, Coop.

And didn't you vote Leave, in the hope we'd remain? You need to decide what you want.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    Don't talk wet, Coop.

And didn't you vote Leave, in the hope we'd remain? You need to decide what you want.

No, I voted to leave as the EU will not change for the better. It proved that in February. Quite a simple case but seems very difficult for you 'Remoaners' to understand that many voted because of this. I didn't want to wait another 40 years before being asked again!

:roll:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Don't talk wet, Coop.

No, I voted to leave as the EU will not change for the better. It proved that in February. Quite a simple case but seems very difficult for you 'Remoaners' to understand that many voted because of this. I didn't want to wait another 40 years before being asked again!

:roll:

"Remoaners". Brilliant. This really is the level.
    Ben

• MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Week before last I had the misfortune of having to take an ambulance ride. It was unfortunate for two reasons. Firstly because I had been knocked off deliberately by a psycho. Secondly because the trainee paramedic sat in the back with me was every comedy stereotype of a leave voter rolled into one. Her reasons for voting leave were as follows (and I kid you not).

1. The EU has straightened our bananas.
    2. The EU won't let us play conkers.
    3. Muslims have been allowed to build mosques here.

The last one took me by surprise I'll admit. Now, had I not already been in quite a lot of pain and not been at the mercy of this woman I might have taken issue. There is a bit of me that thinks I may have been hallucinating with shock or something because WTAF!!!

She is the sole leave voter I have spoken to (with the exception of an elderly neighbor who is a Tory party member and will be dead before any really bad or good effects are being felt). That said, I do live in London (just).
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    MrSweary wrote:
    Week before last I had the misfortune of having to take an ambulance ride. It was unfortunate for two reasons. Firstly because I had been knocked off deliberately by a psycho. Secondly because the trainee paramedic sat in the back with me was every comedy stereotype of a leave voter rolled into one. Her reasons for voting leave were as follows (and I kid you not).

The last one took me by surprise I'll admit. Now, had I not already been in quite a lot of pain and not been at the mercy of this woman I might have taken issue. There is a bit of me that thinks I may have been hallucinating with shock or something because WTAF!!!

She is the sole leave voter I have spoken to (with the exception of an elderly neighbor who is a Tory party member and will be dead before any really bad or good effects are being felt). That said, I do live in London (just).

A few years ago I was shooting the breeze with some elderly relatives in the provinces when the FACT came up that all immigrants get given a car. as the voice of reason I asked why would they be given a car. The obvious answer turned out to be to get their large flat screen TV home, given to them by the govt.

If I believed that then I too would be livid about immigration
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    MrSweary wrote:

Before the referendum I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in the countryside. Her sole experience of migrants was her Romanian doctor and his wife, who live nearby. She thought that they would have to leave the UK should Leave win the referendum, and couldn't understand why people didn't want them in the country.

So, there are clueless idiots on both sides who didn't actually know what they were voting for.

Anyway, an article here from David Davis which pretty much sums up how I feel Brexit will go. All you doom and gloom merchants should maybe consider that th end of the world really isn't happening and the UK will be fine.

http://www.conservativehome.com/platfor ... itain.html
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    I'm coming round to the position that it will be ok. More out of hope than expectation. But it will be bumpy. As an aside, how do we know that these agreements that were negotiated quickly are any good? And, quick google, Chile-China is a free trade agreement with, presumably, no associated freedom of movement because, well, geography. So it's a nice example of how to do a trade deal quickly but is it a good one? I've no idea, just throwing it in there.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • surrey_commuter
    NorvernRob wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:

Before the referendum I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in the countryside. Her sole experience of migrants was her Romanian doctor and his wife, who live nearby. She thought that they would have to leave the UK should Leave win the referendum, and couldn't understand why people didn't want them in the country.

So, there are clueless idiots on both sides who didn't actually know what they were voting for.

Anyway, an article here from David Davis which pretty much sums up how I feel Brexit will go. All you doom and gloom merchants should maybe consider that th end of the world really isn't happening and the UK will be fine.

http://www.conservativehome.com/platfor ... itain.html

First paragraph makes sense - the rest is just a nonsense. He is probably the only person in the world who thinks we could conclude all those trade deals in two years. Also illegal to do whilst member of the EU.

Interesting that he intends putting 10% tariffs on car imports - that will help the consumer.
  • surrey_commuter
    I'm coming round to the position that it will be ok. More out of hope than expectation. But it will be bumpy. As an aside, how do we know that these agreements that were negotiated quickly are any good? And, quick google, Chile-China is a free trade agreement with, presumably, no associated freedom of movement because, well, geography. So it's a nice example of how to do a trade deal quickly but is it a good one? I've no idea, just throwing it in there.

There is so much rubbish in the article I can not even be bothered to look into those race deals. If you can be bothered look in the direction of infrastructure investment by the. Chinese Govt.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684

There is so much rubbish in the article I can not even be bothered to look into those race deals. If you can be bothered look in the direction of infrastructure investment by the. Chinese Govt.

I took the first one that I found, and that's the problem isn't it. It's simply a soundbite with no analysis.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • surrey_commuter

I took the first one that I found, and that's the problem isn't it. It's simply a soundbite with no analysis.

you can only hope that he does not believe it
  • MrSweary
    I'm coming round to the position that it will be ok.

As I've said to friends all along - i doubt it will be as bad or as good as either side suggest. It is however, the new reality and we have to make it work.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
  • MrSweary
    NorvernRob wrote:

Indeed. I was making no general judgement about leave voters - just one particularly funny example. In fact, how well informed people were is a little irrelevant now. You could argue that the so called 'ignorant leave voter' was in actual fact just expressing their dissatisfaction with a politics that has left them behind and ignores them. In a sense this makes their choice entirely legitimate. A now life goes on.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    So when are all those lazy Remainians gonna leave? :D

Sorry, slow day :oops:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike