2»

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    MrB123 wrote:
    Jerry185 wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    Jerry185 wrote:
    Annnd....I see Decathlon have just pushed the Triban 540 up to 650 quid, which is more expensive than when they discounted it

That's cos it has swapped from 10 spd 105 5700 to 11 spd 105 5800.

Good spot, DB. Unless I read this wrong tho', what you get at the moment is another gear most people won't use, for an extra £150

The popular consensus on this forum seems to be that 5800 is a huge improvement over 5700 though.

Indeed, I have ridden 5700 and have no issues with it, haven't ridden 5800, but have ridden 6800 which is sublime - assume 5800 is meant to be more along the 6800 lines, and shifting is allegedly meant to be better\easier to set up.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mac9091
    mac9091 Posts: 196
    No, No, NO!

As mentioned decathlon look good value, ribble seem good and 12kg for a carbon bike??? How is that possible?
  • Years ago I bought a pair of cheap gloves there - they lasted for two rides before they disintegrated into nothingness. Easily the worst value thing I've ever bought. Awful.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    deejaysee wrote:
    About the last Brand and last shop i'd ever buy a road bike from

Agreed, and I'd even say it's the last shop I'd ever buy ANYTHING from - Who would want to line the pockets of Mike Ashley?
  • Sports Direct buys up the brands of once great companies that have gone bust like Karrimor, Slazenger and Muddy Fox and then uses these brands for its own el-cheapo stuff. It is perfectly legal as SD now owns these brands but very misleading to consumers as they think they are really getting Karrimor or Muddy Fox etc. The SD "discounts" are artificial as they put prices up temporarily and back down again so they can legally claim something is a discount.

Get a decent bike on a real sale from Tredz, Winstanleys, JEJames, PlanetX or Wiggle. Sometimes you can get the 2014 or 2015 model at a good discount.