TdF 2016 stage 4 **spoilers**

13»

Comments

• jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    think cav may leave the tour once they get to the mountains, it has been successful enough for him already really and would have to go in a box to get over the mountains which would probably be detrimental to his olympic hopes, anyone else agree?
    Yes.

Really didn't call todays result at all, nice ride by Kittel given how disorganised EQS were. Honestly expected a little surprise by Kristoff, but he's way off form at the moment.

Sagan helping the bookies roll it in today I think.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Hmmm which is more important... Olympics or merckx record?

Bet he wishes he hadn't won those 2 stages now...
    Half man, Half bike
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,655
    Has Coquard been learning to sprint off Voeckler?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    well, that's 2 seriously close finishes :)

So who's finished?
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 216
    Am sure he will fancy his chances in Paris, which might tempt him to ride on.
    His smacked arse face and irritable replies when being interviewed whenever things don't go his way is not an endearing trait
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Think kittel was tired after sprinting today?

https://youtu.be/xwmUqkXbx9

Really enjoying this velon CC cameras
    Itv highlights are also very full of information on the history of cycling and longest stages in history and good short interviews
  • rick_chasey
    Some outstanding analysis on the avondettappe on NOS on the QS teamwork today.

Watch OPQS from 2.7km to go - Kittel is around 30-40th spot. At 1.2km he's on his Larry at around 25 and the team find him, take him straight to the front and drop him off at speed with 230m to go.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Yes, Millar had ruled Kittel out of it because he'd lost all his team-mates, then they performed a comeback to rival Lazarus to suddenly appear around the kite to take him back to the front.
  • rick_chasey
    Very impressive. Guess Millar was never really around after 900m to go ;).

Also, for RidgeRider in particular, watch Groenewegen's sprint. Very good.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    4 stages in and no withdrawals yet

which is good
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    Richard Moore good on the Cycling Podcast about Dylan's sprint. Said he was sprinting for 37 seconds and didn't much ground once the big guns started their sprints.

Obviously just needs to be positioned better.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Has Coquard been learning to sprint off Voeckler?

Is his 'bobbing up and down' motion yesterday his normal style?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Richard Moore good on the Cycling Podcast about Dylan's sprint. Said he was sprinting for 37 seconds and didn't much ground once the big guns started their sprints.

Obviously just needs to be positioned better.

Definitely got the talent. that's a given. Positioning is key at this level and when one goes, they all go so unless you have Cavs jump or Kittels/Greipels top end you'll be making up the numbers. seems to go from too far back!
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    does anyone remember that Limoge to St Fleur stage ten or so years ago? it was mountainous enough to be an Etape stage. I did it, it was long but thankfully the last 30K was down hill :)
    Yep, I rode that too.
    Here's a sketchy video if Virenque climbing Puy Mary on his way to a Bastille Day win in St Flour a day later...

http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/nicpi ... f.mp4.html