Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

RIP Caroline Aherne

pottsstevepottssteve Posts: 4,043
edited July 2016 in The cake stop
So sad to hear that she has died of cancer.

The Royle Family is one of the few TV series I own on DVD - beautifully written and screamingly funny.

Fifty-two is way too soon.

RIP
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

• cornerblockcornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Sad news. Yet another supremely talented person taken far too soon. RIP.
  • crispybug2crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    The Royle Family is right up there with Blackadder with it's ability to mix comedy and poignancy!

As already mentioned 52 is way too soon.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,588
    We seem to be losing all the best comedians and actors at the minute, with no real talent to replace them. She was brilliant and will be missed.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • joenobodyjoenobody Posts: 559
    The Fast Show was a staple when I was at Uni. Tried unsuccessfully today to find a video of the her in the "we're from the Isle of Man" sketch - I though it would have been fitting giving the TdF result today.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,673
    Didn't expect a tdf spoiler in this!

Real shame, she was exceptional funny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,683
    Interviewing Debbie McGee:"So what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?" :D

R.I.P.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • joenobodyjoenobody Posts: 559
    TLW1 wrote:
    Didn't expect a tdf spoiler in this!
    Sorry :oops:
  • BelgianBeerGeekBelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    I have read that she had had cancer more than once, and as she battled through it, it made her the person she was.
    As said above, too soon. I think she had more to give, and we are worse for her not being here.
    In the immortal words of Poala Fish "Scorchio"...
    If only, duck.....
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • verylonglegsverylonglegs Posts: 3,692
    Yeah I never got into Mrs. Merton, I'll always remember her for The Fast Show, probably my favourite comedy sketch series.
  • DeVlaeminckDeVlaeminck Posts: 7,871
    Was sorry to hear the news, one of those personalities who you naturally warmed to.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • finchyfinchy Posts: 6,686
    The Royle Family just kept getting better and better, always finding a new angle. She had a lot more to give, such a shame in every way.
  • crescentcrescent Posts: 1,119
    Yeah I never got into Mrs. Merton, I'll always remember her for The Fast Show, probably my favourite comedy sketch series.

I liked her character Janine, the teenager.
    "My mum and dad are so old fashioned, they think you shouldn't have a baby until you've left school."

A genuinely funny woman. 52 is no age. :(
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Bianchi Impulso
    BMC Teammachine

“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells
    Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • lostboysaintlostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Talented writer and performer.

And also one of my favourite "naughty secrets".
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris