RIP Caroline Aherne

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited July 2016 in The cake stop
So sad to hear that she has died of cancer.

The Royle Family is one of the few TV series I own on DVD - beautifully written and screamingly funny.

Fifty-two is way too soon.

RIP
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Sad news. Yet another supremely talented person taken far too soon. RIP.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    The Royle Family is right up there with Blackadder with it's ability to mix comedy and poignancy!

As already mentioned 52 is way too soon.
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    The Fast Show was a staple when I was at Uni. Tried unsuccessfully today to find a video of the her in the "we're from the Isle of Man" sketch - I though it would have been fitting giving the TdF result today.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Didn't expect a tdf spoiler in this!

Real shame, she was exceptional funny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Interviewing Debbie McGee:"So what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?" :D

R.I.P.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    TLW1 wrote:
    Didn't expect a tdf spoiler in this!
    Sorry :oops:
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    I have read that she had had cancer more than once, and as she battled through it, it made her the person she was.
    As said above, too soon. I think she had more to give, and we are worse for her not being here.
    In the immortal words of Poala Fish "Scorchio"...
    If only, duck.....
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Yeah I never got into Mrs. Merton, I'll always remember her for The Fast Show, probably my favourite comedy sketch series.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    Was sorry to hear the news, one of those personalities who you naturally warmed to.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    The Royle Family just kept getting better and better, always finding a new angle. She had a lot more to give, such a shame in every way.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Yeah I never got into Mrs. Merton, I'll always remember her for The Fast Show, probably my favourite comedy sketch series.

I liked her character Janine, the teenager.
    "My mum and dad are so old fashioned, they think you shouldn't have a baby until you've left school."

A genuinely funny woman. 52 is no age. :(
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Talented writer and performer.

And also one of my favourite "naughty secrets".
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris