Waterfall Wednesday.

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,009
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
5.45am wake up call for a ride before work. Followed by work with an early finish. Shit-shower-shave then jump on the train to Manchester to the Stone Roses concert.

Onwards and upwards for about 400m or so.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Waterfall the right word this morning in Lincoln,both the dog and myself looked liked drowned rats after being caught in torrential rain
  • Thick Mike
    Thick Mike Posts: 337
    I had to literally pour water out of my shoes yesterday...I got caught three miles from home :-/
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sky looks black ahead there yonder - hopefully won't be caught up in it.

Apart from that, some chillin' and tax payer funded coffee drinking at work beckons: thank you all!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    6am Gym done (peer pressure a mate rather than my own pleasure), in the office with my shake wondering what shit I'll have to deal with. Not sure what else to have for breakfast got a lovely chicken/parma ham / avo / mozzarella salad for lunch tho.

Crudding later, at the only point it is supposed to raid. FML my mate can take my bike home car is far too clean.

onwards and upwards
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Lovely blue sky here this morning, would have been a nice day for a ride but I had to drive in. Got a meeting at the school about the girl and next year. I think I'm going to give up on the EU thread, you can't reason with a rock. Scouts AGM later which will delay my getting to the pub, the only good thing is I'm standing down so I won't have to do it again. Scouts that is, not the pub.
  • Flâneur
    Like you needed to clarify that V68
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Cancel that last - sky now brilliant blue, sun shining, lovely ride in - feet on desk, will go and get changed in a bit and get a coffee.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Work lunacy, in the form of some astonishingly poor decisions being made. I am past the point I care, so just make the appropriate notes and plan my exit.

Which, happily, is confirmed for this Friday.

Post work drinks, then pizza and more drinks for dinner. I may just have another drink now to be sure the thought of an extension to this contract doesn't intrude too far on my consciousness.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    morning's plans in disarray, ended up in a&e having bits of torn contact lens extracted from my eye, good quick service :)

got back on schedule in time for the first espresso of the day
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    sungod wrote:
    morning's plans in disarray, ended up in a&e having bits of torn contact lens extracted from my eye, good quick service :)

got back on schedule in time for the first espresso of the day

Ouchie. Metaphorical poke in eye with sharp stick, or actual trauma?? Either way, hope all ok!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    thanks, fortunately no damage, did involve some actual poking in the eye with gloved fingers by the doctor
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Thick Mike wrote:
    I had to literally pour water out of my shoes yesterday...I got caught three miles from home :-/

Bib shorts really do make having a pi$$ tricky.

Dunno what the weather is doing. That means I dunno what me is doing. Think I had better get another coffee.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    coffee on the uni roof terrace, then more marking.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pot Noodle causes nose bleed shocker.

Aaaarrrrggggh think I'm dying. Or it's weakness being driven out of my body by the goodness that is Pot Noodle. I suspect the latter.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    no wonder the security of this country is at risk, the man eats crap and can't even handle it
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod

Aaaarrrrggggh think I'm dying. Or it's weakness being driven out of my body by the goodness that is Pot Noodle. I suspect the latter.

you're not supposed to snort it
  • Matthewfalle
    No artificial colours or flavoring a. 100% goodness.

It must be the cheap coffee that has been forced on me. Damn you tax payers of Britain - dig deeper. I need a proper coffee machine to be able to guard you properly.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    It's ok - now listening to Foo Fighters to stem the haemorraging. Phew, that was a close one .....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think I'm going to give up on the EU thread, you can't reason with a rock.

But you can't keep away can you!

I made a vow with myself to stop once I'd voted, but I can't help myself!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480

Question is though, is it a Beef and Tomato or a chicken and mushroom pot nootle?

I'm not sure why there's all this moaning about the weather, its warm and sunny in the Big Smoke as I noticed when I strolled out to collect some paperwork to help with one anonymous forumites international business interests. Unfortunately its not sunny in Wales for the rest of this week so the sheep will be a bit on the soggy side. Might need my wellies :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    mrfpb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think I'm going to give up on the EU thread, you can't reason with a rock.

But you can't keep away can you!

I made a vow with myself to stop once I'd voted, but I can't help myself!
    No, I'm weak. :oops:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Waterfall the right word this morning in Lincoln,both the dog and myself looked liked drowned rats after being caught in torrential rain

Ditto me yesterday afternoon. Early start, 450 mile round trip successfully driven, no delays on A14, M6, M42, M5, M4, M25 and M11 and home by 4 so I thought my luck was in. Generously volunteered for the afternoon dog walk which wife normally does. Checked weather forecast and the Rainfall Radar and decided I'd got a decent weather window so headed out in waterproof jacket and wellies. 20 minutes later with a crack of thunder the heavens opened. Jeans saturated in seconds, and the normally fluffy dog has a centre parting like Dougal off the Magic Roundabout. She's scared witless so is pulling on the lead like a team of huskies, pausing briefly to poop when an even louder crash and rumble overhead. Quite a challenge trying to activate a poop bag in torrential rain while being tugged away by an anxious dog! Anyway, 30 minutes of that and the thunderstorm finally moved away and the sun came out. Both so wet there was no chance of drying out, but at least it was warmer for the next hour.

Wife was glad I'd volunteered though
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Right I'm off for beers in town, see you lot tomorrow!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Question is though, is it a Beef and Tomato or a chicken and mushroom pot nootle?

I'm not sure why there's all this moaning about the weather, its warm and sunny in the Big Smoke as I noticed when I strolled out to collect some paperwork to help with one anonymous forumites international business interests. Unfortunately its not sunny in Wales for the rest of this week so the sheep will be a bit on the soggy side. Might need my wellies :)

Original curry. Not as good as a Bombay Bad Boy but the best the shop had.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Question...nootle?
    ...strolled out to collect some paperwork to help with one anonymous forumites international business interests.

I hope the tellers are good looking, it would at least have a compensatory factor.
  • pinno
    keef66 wrote:

Ditto...Wife was glad I'd volunteered though

You're just trying to get into her knickers.
  • keef66
    Pinno wrote:
    keef66 wrote:

Ditto...Wife was glad I'd volunteered though

You're just trying to get into her knickers.

Nah, just banking some brownie points before the next bike related purchases show up...
  • Matthewfalle
    Any pictures of her norks in the meantime?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    As an aside, new carbon seat post and seat turned up today - China special - to go on the Madone.

From examination, easily as well made as FSA seat post it is replacing and the seat looks nice and robust. £30 all in, so if they break I'll smash what's left with a hammer and chuck the remains in next door's garden.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • keef66
    Any pictures of her norks in the meantime?

For my eyes only!