Criterium du Dauphine stage 1 **Spoiler*

Mad_Malx
Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
edited June 2016 in Pro race
Being as stage 1 has now finished, I thought someone ought to put up a thread.

Bouhanni as widely predicted on PTP, ahead of Debuscherre and Sam Bennett.

Comments

• philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    I thought Fromme was a goner there for a sec
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    What happened to Kristoff ?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Bouhanni is a complete nut job.
    Lucky we didn't get half the peloton on the ground, today.
    Matt Stephens "suggests" he might get Dq'd, but this is France after all.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Froome needs to calm down or he won't make it intact to the Tour

As for Bouhanni...standard

Nice little overhead shot of the Bouhanni head butt that I've just RTd if someone wants to nab it from my Twitter feed
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    I could see Bouhanni chucked off the race, but he might be lucky as I'm not sure he made contact and it is in France.

I hope not as I picked him in PTP

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,540
    Had a rare day off doing nothing so sat down to watch only to fall asleep as the effects of my morning run in the heat caught up with me. Woke in time for the last 5km though so doubt I missed anything!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    Pross wrote:
    Had a rare day off doing nothing so sat down to watch only to fall asleep as the effects of my morning run in the heat caught up with me. Woke in time for the last 5km though so doubt I missed anything!

This is one of the joys of watching stage racing.

It's quite hypnotic.
  • rick_chasey
    Froome needs to calm down or he won't make it intact to the Tour

As for Bouhanni...standard

Nice little overhead shot of the Bouhanni head butt that I've just RTd if someone wants to nab it from my Twitter feed

CkRvePXWgAA3Uv1?format=jpg&name=large
  • rick_chasey
    What's Froome been doing for those who missed it?
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,830
    Bouhanni won't get DQ'd, he's French. Now if someone was head butting him on the other hand...
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Richmond Racer 2
    Richmond Racer 2 Posts: 4,698
    edited June 2016
    ^Just RTd a vid clip posted by cyclinghub.tv of Froome

And INRNG posted the FDJ-Katusha argy-bargy clips
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    ..standard Dutch Club Run.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Mixing it up with the sprinters again: https://twitter.com/CyclingHubTV/status ... 3277179904
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Looked to me like Bouhanni was repaying a previous headbutt from a Katusha rider who may or may not have been Kristoff, though hard to tell exactly what is going on from the head on shot.

https://youtu.be/VQXUs6810YI?t=54
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Renshaw got thrown off the tour for similar. Cavendish got relegated for a lot less.

Bouhanni in overhead shot, who was the Katusha rider headbutting at the start? Was it Bouhanni the headbutting Cofidis rider?
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    adr82 wrote:
    Mixing it up with the sprinters again: https://twitter.com/CyclingHubTV/status ... 3277179904

i don;t understand what Froome's leadout man was doing here?! Froome tried to follow but he couldn't get it done fast at that speed.

moving from the center to the left in front of the sprinting trains with 1.5km to go. they need to have a serious talk about stuff like this, it's a stupid move
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    Bouhanni is a bell-end but that seemed 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Bloody dangerous though and amazed someone didn't deck it.

Froome. Wtf though. GET OUT OF THE LEAD OUT TRAIN MAN.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    EnacheV wrote:
    adr82 wrote:

i don;t understand what Froome's leadout man was doing here?! Froome tried to follow but he couldn't get it done fast at that speed.

moving from the center to the left in front of the sprinting trains with 1.5km to go. they need to have a serious talk about stuff like this, it's a stupid move

Froome did quite ok in that situation.

Katusha rider on far right head pushes the Orica rider who bumps in to Froome. Like Nibali's crash uphill in the 2015 TdF.

Anyway, Standard or Rowe should stop doing stuff like this , ride straight ffs.
  • Richmond Racer 2
    Richmond Racer 2 Posts: 4,698
    edited June 2016
    Gweeds wrote:
    Bouhanni is a bell-end but that seemed 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Bloody dangerous though and amazed someone didn't deck it.

Froome. Wtf though. GET OUT OF THE LEAD OUT TRAIN MAN.

Well, yeah. He insists on being up there mixing it and getting in the way. Maybe he got a scare today. It'd be a daft way to scupper yer actual TdF defence 3 weeks before the start
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    Bennett making progress, though I suppose it is the last 3 or 4 bike lengths which separates the good from the great,.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Bennett making progress, though I suppose it is the last 3 or 4 bike lengths which separates the good from the great,.

With little assistance from his team, mind, so good on him
  • The_Boy
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Bouhanni won't get DQ'd, he's French.

You didn't watch P-N, then?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Bennett making progress, though I suppose it is the last 3 or 4 bike lengths which separates the good from the great,.

With little assistance from his team, mind, so good on him

Yup. He's coming along nicely.
  • twitchy bum time in the last few K today..i really don't know how we didn't have a crash.
  • rick_chasey
    'cos they're not middle aged men on a sportive. :roll:
  • gweeds
    Can't say I've ever seen people nutting each other in sprints at sportives.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    when froome's riding like that it generally means he's flying and getting a bit carried away.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rick_chasey
    Gweeds wrote:
    Can't say I've ever seen people nutting each other in sprints at sportives.

Try it - no-one gets near crashing.

Seems a bit of fuss about nothing to me.
  • gweeds
    I would but 1 sportive ever was enough for me.

I might just nut a random instead