Creakondale SuperSix Evo High-Mod HELP!!!

2»

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Well, I hope it seems on the way to being sorted..?
    It's coming up to 10 years living with BB30 bottom bracket variety... it was a steep learning curve when starting out on how to get them sweet.... if someone was cackhanded enough to press bearings in a rush because they had 16 other jobs to do, I aint surprised you've had issues.
    Next time build it up yourself - it's only a bike.... even a top end Cannondale.
    Just to put into perspective.. even HT can creak if some numpty in a factory (no names no pack drill PlanetX) fail to face off the bb area.
  • Loctite 638 is designed for things that should not need to be replaced. To get it to release you need to heat it to at least 250c. Think what that will do to a carbon frame!

There is a Cannondale document that confusingly refers to 'Pressfit BB30' but the picture relate to a PF30 BB not a BB30 and in any case uses Loctite 609.

There are dozens of different types of Loctite for various applications. If you want to try using one then check its properties first. I would suggest that 638 is a definite no-no in a carbon frame as it would take a blow torch to get it to release.