Giro Stage 7:- Sulmona to Foligno 211km *Spoiler*

2»

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    What's with the two Katusha guys going against each other... 7th and 8th :roll:
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Ewan young and got a lot to learn.

+1
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Third in a row for his team and André Griepel has the points jersey tomorrow after that win.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Greipel gets a good PTP win for me (and a load of others :) )
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    dish_dash wrote:

How to sprint without looking like a 3yr old on a tricycle would be a start.
  • dish_dash
    Dumoulin
    Nippo Fantini missed the break again, like every day. I think I will push Cunego myself tomorrow and make it easier.
  • dish_dash
    Cannondale: anyone?

Apparently they were protecting Uran :roll:
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    No-one else there strong enough to challenge Greipel. The way he got swamped and boxed in, then picked his way out of the mess and took the win, he made it look easy.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    dish_dash wrote:

Great observation Rick - made me laugh that is exactly what it reminds you of.

It's interesting that come the big race the established names seem to be coming to the fore.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    edited May 2016
    Firsanov, Hesjedal, Brambilla and Chaves caught behind the split and lose 9 seconds on the GC.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Kueng is going to be a top star
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Very good sprint by Greipel after running out of support far too early. Viviani looked well place 300m out but allowed himself to get swamped. I was surprised how few teams applied pressure when Kittel got dropped, they got lucky with his mechanical but they had a chance to make sure he wasn't in contention. I'm still surprised how well Greipel gets up the hills.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    /\ agreed, he doesn't look like he should be able to get over hills like that. Good win though!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Won more stages, but similar to Thor in his prime when he was winning points jerseys ahead of Cav.

Just watching the highlights and the Gazprom kit, along with the Colnago's is looking classy.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Joelsim wrote:
    I liked that in his Eurosport profile he had named his sporting hero as Graeme Obree
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    I liked that in his Eurosport profile he had named his sporting hero as Graeme Obree

For some reason I never expect any cyclist from outside the UK to know about Obree so I thought that was pretty good too.
  • rick_chasey
    dish_dash wrote:

Great observation Rick - made me laugh that is exactly what it reminds you of.

It's interesting that come the big race the established names seem to be coming to the fore.

Interesting?

Obvious non?

It's not just for self distinction as forum silverbacks that some of us refer to pre-March races as mere glorified training camps.
  • rick_chasey
    Pross wrote:
    Very good sprint by Greipel after running out of support far too early. Viviani looked well place 300m out but allowed himself to get swamped. I was surprised how few teams applied pressure when Kittel got dropped, they got lucky with his mechanical but they had a chance to make sure he wasn't in contention. I'm still surprised how well Greipel gets up the hills.

He shares Cav's willingness to endure a lot.

They can both turn themselves inside out and still put on a sprint.

He's slightly suffered in Cav's rather enormous shadow. In any other generation he'd be up there as a 5* rider of his generation, but he came to age at the same time as the greatest sprinter ever.