ARC CX-RAY Probuild Volta EVO from superstar

2»

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    A picture is a thousand words and you have already exceeded that and so far we have only seen pictures of other folks' bikes. Time to post a photo of your re-creation in the relevant section

viewforum.php?f=40044
    left the forum March 2023
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    OK..I guess that is a fair comment. I will see if I can have it photo ready this weekend. But be warned, to see it is to want one. :shock:
  • xslbmlqo
    xslbmlqo Posts: 25
    I ordered the Arc31 wheels, all black. Hope they're upgrade from Mavic Aksiums :)
  • zakos
    zakos Posts: 9
    Has anyone received their wheels yet? would be interested in hearing any feedback and seeing some pictures.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    I've had some good hand builts from planet x for two years. Excellite on 105 hubs. Bomb proof, roll well, spin up quickly, never needed truing, made a real difference on speed, oh the acceleration, yada yada.
    Actually they have been very good wheels but performance wise the same as any other wheelset. All weathers, utimg and weekends.
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    xslbmlqo wrote:
    I ordered the Arc31 wheels, all black. Hope they're upgrade from Mavic Aksiums :)

Have you got them yet?
  • xslbmlqo
    xslbmlqo wrote:

Have you got them yet?

I got them this morning. Not sure when I get the change to properly test them out. Atleast they look nice and run true :) Front wheel measured 689g and rear 918g with stock rim strips.

I'm gonna change the rim tape to get them sub 1600g when I figure out which width I need.

Rim states max pressure 80 psi, but I guess I can ignore that? :?

IMG_1752_zpshzwfnhz9.jpg
  • Camcycle1974
    Thanks for the pic, they do look very nice to be fair. I have a pair of the ones with the CX Ray spokes in my basket but toying with getting these instead. Same rims but blue hubs.
  • MikeBrew
    xslbmlqo wrote:
    xslbmlqo wrote:

Have you got them yet?

I got them this morning. Not sure when I get the change to properly test them out. Atleast they look nice and run true :) Front wheel measured 689g and rear 918g with stock rim strips.

I'm gonna change the rim tape to get them sub 1600g when I figure out which width I need.

Rim states max pressure 80 psi, but I guess I can ignore that? :?

IMG_1752_zpshzwfnhz9.jpg

Are these the Cx-ray build, and did they really take 10 days to come ?
  • xslbmlqo
    MikeBrew wrote:

Yes, ARC CX-RAY Probuild Volta EVO 11Speed. They did, but I live in Finland.
  • MikeBrew
    Ah... that would explain it ... :)
  • Camcycle1974
    xslbmlqo wrote:
    MikeBrew wrote:

Yes, ARC CX-RAY Probuild Volta EVO 11Speed. They did, but I live in Finland.

Luckily mine are coming to Cambridge. :D
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew wrote:
    k3vinjam3s wrote:
    So what was superstars response. They have advised me of a 100kg weight limit on these too which is reassuring.

Got a reply from Superstar today and was advised that these are indeed the Kinlin rim. They also reiterated the 100KG rider weight guide.

OK, so it seems that despite the young lad on the phone at Superstar telling me that these are Kinlin rims, the bottom line is that SS won't officially confirm or deny that that information is accurate. It also appears that all their wheel-sets are rated to a 90KG rider weight limit rather than the 100KG that I was told by the lad on the phone. Luckily for me the lower rider weight limit isn't an issue, in my case.
    Anyway, apologies if I passed on any inaccurate information.
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    I am puzzled, Mike, as to why you are maintaining this pretence of having nothing to do with superstar. Pretty sure most regular posters know by now?