Ch_k3lYWEAA353I?format=pjpg&name=large

Front page of gazzetta.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Ch_k3lYWEAA353I?format=pjpg&name=large

Front page of gazzetta.

Impressive crowds.
    Could almost be the Tour de Yorkshire.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    It's funny, I was surprised on here when everyone complained about the Big Start in Belfast in 2014, as from the roadside it was a fantastic weekend.

Now I get it.

Having said that, the Tour and the Giro have produced some stunningly boring flat sprinter's stages in France and Italy over the years.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    The thing we have to remember is that there is a balance between putting on a race for roadside spectators and for the tv viewer.

My feeling is that ASO to tend to target the TV viewer, while RCS and Flanders Classics have more of a roadside spectator bias. Hence the finishing circuits for the Ronde etc.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Meh, the one thing you can predict about every GT is IFPs moaning about the early flat stages...

next weekend, we'll get the "this is so conservative, not like LeMond/Hinault" lines too
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Please don't understand me, I agree the crowds loved it, but as a racing spectacle it was grim.
    The peloton really was crawling along at one stage yesterday.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    wrong thread
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Rick, do you have to comment on everything, you own this place?

It's not the wrong thread, I'm following the relevance of the Giro starting outside the home country.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Rick, do you have to comment on everything, you own this place?

It's not the wrong thread, I'm following the relevance of the Giro starting outside the home country.

No, I posted a picture in the wrong thread.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    take a deep breath Bo...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver