Maurienne Valley 11/12 June - buddy/accommodation suggestions

jon_andrew
jon_andrew Posts: 5
Hi all,

I am training for the Marmotte this year and would like to get some mountain climbs into my legs before the event. My usual training partners can't make it - so wondering if anybody is heading over on 11/12 June or, at a push 14/15 May that wouldn't mind some extra company.

Also - any bike-friendly accommodation recommendations in St Jean-de-Maurienne / nearby?

Thanks!

Comments

• sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    jon_andrew wrote:
    Hi all,

I am training for the Marmotte this year and would like to get some mountain climbs into my legs before the event. My usual training partners can't make it - so wondering if anybody is heading over on 11/12 June or, at a push 14/15 May that wouldn't mind some extra company.

Also - any bike-friendly accommodation recommendations in St Jean-de-Maurienne / nearby?

Thanks!

Ibis Budget just outside St Jean, clean, air-con, decent buffet breakfast, big bike storage shed, and cheap....whats not to like :) Oh, and a supermarket across the road, a bar 5 minutes walk away, and a fast food van in the car park. Stayed a number of times myself.

It's at the foot of the Glandon.
  • SheffSimon wrote:
    jon_andrew wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks!

Ibis Budget just outside St Jean, clean, air-con, decent buffet breakfast, big bike storage shed, and cheap....whats not to like :) Oh, and a supermarket across the road, a bar 5 minutes walk away, and a fast food van in the car park. Stayed a number of times myself.

It's at the foot of the Glandon.

cheers for the tip!