David Millar 'The System' with A1 coaching

Hi,

Been hearing a lot about this chap and his system of late.

Essential 5 teaser videos with an aim to pay £59 for his training system.

Anyone signed up and using it ?

The sample videos are very informative for a newbie like me

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... tem-46770/

Comments

• I'm enjoying the videos but won't be paying for his system. I'm getting excellent results following Trainerroad's plans. They have TT specific plans. Excellent podcast as well.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    "The System", hmmm sounds ominous.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • nigeldoyle wrote:
    I'm enjoying the videos but won't be paying for his system. I'm getting excellent results following Trainerroad's plans. They have TT specific plans. Excellent podcast as well.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am new to this but looking to compete later in the year and full season next year.

I agree the videos seem good, I was looking at the trainer road stuff. Is it just the 40km one yeh ?

I guess this can be tailored to the 10mi events
  • Is it just the 40km one yeh ?

Plans here:

https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/pla ... ry/18-road

Yeah just the 40km event. For a short TT it would probably work as well. The thing with Trainerroad is you can send them questions asking what's best for your situation. I do a few 12km TT's with my cycling club and they are essentially the same as a 15 - 20 minute FTP test i.e. you go as hard as you can for entire duration keeping your heart rate about 10 - 12 beats below maximum.
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    How much EPO does £59 get you?
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Interesting . . .

Regardless the plans promise big things but I yet to find someone who's spent the money.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    You're not limited to signing up to the David Millar Specific plan, you can sign up to their general plan that covers all the different modules including that one. It's €20 a month, or €100 a year. They have an offer for the first month for €1 on bikereadar somewhere too - that may still be available.

I signed up for the winter plan they had on here a few months ago - then went over to the full membership. Is it worth the amount? I would say yes. True, you could probably put something together a similar plan yourself by looking for time-crunched workouts, but there are quite some very good insights in there resources; the facebook group helps with specific issues and others have added Trainerroad and Zwift workouts to match the plans. They will refund subs in the first month if you're not happy but I get the impression that not many do.

In their ads, they do come across as a couple of chancers though - but that's part of the charm...
  • A fool and his money are soon parted
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ck101
    ck101 Posts: 222
    I know a fair few riders who were performing at mediocre levels, got a reality check, became committed to regular training and signed up to A1. Yes they are all doing much better, some have jumped a group or two. No doubt a combination of factors at play here, if some are motivated by signing up to a coaching programme then good luck to them.
    Just saying !