Elite Muin direct drive turbo

webboo
webboo Posts: 6,087
Has anyone got one of these or has used one. I bought one of these as I anticipated that whilst recovering from my Achilles tendon repair I might be using the Turbo a lot. It lives up to my expectations in that it is quiet and feels reasonably realistic.
However I find I can only use 3 or 4 gears or sprockets so far. For example I have a 10 speed 11 to 25 cassette and a 39/53 chain set. The biggest gear I've used is 39 x 17 I was planning a 1 minute on 1 minute off x 10 session but after one interval I had resort to 39 x 19. I'm pedalling between 90 and 105 revs.
Am I just weak from having 12 weeks off the bike or is the case for most folk.

Comments

• term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I have one, very pleased with it. As you say there is a lot of resistance and I spend most of my time in on the 36 chain ring. It feels to have a little more resistance than a bike on the road, but I'm normally going down hill when hitting 100rpm with 52/11, so shouldn't be surprised I can hardly turn the cranks in that gear on the Muin. Rained all day here, so I'll be in the garage on the turbo this evening.
  • 06dhewett
    06dhewett Posts: 79
    I've used one for some time now. You're right, in that with a standard double crankset on the majority of the gears available to you will offer a tremendous amount of resistance, up to 2,000 watts in fact according to the advertising. Focus on your heart rate or power rather than the gearing you're in, it's certainly not a reflection of gearing on the road!
  • sebbyp
    sebbyp Posts: 106
    yeah the muin is a beast. serious resistance as you wind the 'speed' up. Mainly use the 34T and 15 - 25 sprockets.