Saddle heights for different bikes

spearmint_wino
spearmint_wino Posts: 109
Not sure if this is a question for this forum or the Workshop but I'll go here...

Background:
I have 2 bikes, one is a M (54cm) on which I use Speedplay Frogs with MTB shoes, the other is a L (56cm) on which i use Speedplay Zeros and road shoes.

I've had a bike fit for both done by the same fitter (albeit a year apart), the saddle height is nearly 2cm different between them, the higher saddle being on the 54cm frame (which was the first fit I had done).

Question:
I now want to put Zeros on the 54cm frame, should I set the saddle height to the same as the 56cm frame (measured centre of pedal axle to saddle top) to account for the different stack height of the pedal/shoe combo? Or something different?

Merci!

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    You do need to take into account stack height of the pedals when assessing your seat height. However even between completely different pedal systems that's going to be small numbers of mm, not 20mm for sure.
  • Sure, I think the big difference is down to the individual fits. I'll go with the more recent one and transfer the measurements over from the 56 frame.

Cheers.
  • 852Kompol
    852Kompol Posts: 67
    You do need to take into account stack height of the pedals when assessing your seat height. However even between completely different pedal systems that's going to be small numbers of mm, not 20mm for sure.
    ^ That AND the stack height of the Shoe
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    Do both bikes have the same length cranks arms fitted ?