Palm/finger tingling after some time riding

N1TRO
N1TRO Posts: 103
After I spend some time riding (usually about 30-45 mins) I get a tingling sensation where my hands hold the handlebars, so lower part of my palm, just above the wrist and it goes up to both my thumbs.
Must be the current position is obstructing proper blood flow, and if I take my hands off the bars for a while and shake them off a bit, the tingling goes away, then comes round again some time later. It should be a common problem and I'd like some feedback into fixing it. Maybe turning the bars up a bit? To the eye they seem horizontal at the moment... I've already fitted a shorter stem, as the stock one was too long. Perhaps flipping it around and raising it that way? Something else maybe?

Thanks for your feedback.

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I get that too but not all the time. It can happen with one pair of gloves one day but the same pair of gloves the next time I wear them will be OK, just down to hand/wrist position. To cure it I take my hand off the bars and let it hang down for 30 seconds and clench and unclench my fingers.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • N1TRO
    N1TRO Posts: 103
    I tend to keep my arms pretty straight as well most of the time. I'll try keeping that in mind and bend 'em a bit, but it seems to me it's much more of a forced (or learned) position than a natural one. Still, if it keeps my hands from feeling numb, it's worth a try.