40th Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde 2016 *SPOILERS*

2»

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    Should that Cofidis rider be chucked off the race for trying to bunny hop sideways up a kerb from a cobbled gutter to a smooth pavement and taking out half a dozen riders when he messed it up including what looks like one broken collar bone ? There are racing accidents and complete idiocy and that looked like the latter.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Should that Cofidis rider be chucked off the race for trying to bunny hop sideways up a kerb from a cobbled gutter to a smooth pavement and taking out half a dozen riders when he messed it up including what looks like one broken collar bone ? There are racing accidents and complete idiocy and that looked like the latter.
    Haven't seen that, but I don't remember the guy who did something similar in P-R a couple of years ago getting punished for it... that one was probably even worse :)
  • thchris1958
    thchris1958 Posts: 117
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Anyone know what happened to Luke Rowe? Down as DNF.

Apparently he told to Radio Wales that the DNF was planned for recovery and not due to illness!
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    adr82 wrote:
    Haven't seen that, but I don't remember the guy who did something similar in P-R a couple of years ago getting punished for it... that one was probably even worse :)

Didn't see the incident in question, but that was the incident that popped into my head as soon as I read DC's post.

Not sure someone should be getting kicked off the race for a mistake though. But then at the same time...
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

Crashed twice according to Kirby, but that could another one of his fairy tales.
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

Apparently he told to Radio Wales that the DNF was planned for recovery and not due to illness!

I rest my case. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218

No.
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    The Luke Rowe interview is here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b074hnsp#play at about 54:25.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    That's a relief. Can't have him being injured before Flanders and P-R.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718

No.

Mebbe the guy in hospital because of it has a different view ! You are in a bunch you have to look after each other not pull stunts like that, you'd hope someone would at least have a word with him.

Someone should have a word with the Roompot rider in the sprint at the same time, could easily have taken out a couple of others for his sixth place.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Kittel gets his win. Apparently a crash held up Viviani.

Kristoff took third on the stage and holds his lead going into the final TT stage.
  • rick_chasey
    Kristoff looks like he's back from his illnes.

Count him out on Sun at your peril.
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Kittel gets his win. Apparently a crash held up Viviani.

Didn't look like that. Viviani had to sprint to get into the last corner in the top 10 as he was too far back and then did not have anything left to go again. Definitely saw him trying to start to sprint for the line and then sit up.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Martin beaten by Maciej Bodnar (just) in afternoon TT.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Damn... Westra pips Kirstoff to the overall

1 Lieuwe Westra (Ned) Astana Pro Team 12:08:19
    2 Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Team Katusha 0:00:13
    3 Alexey Lutsenko (Kaz) Astana Pro Team 0:00:16
    4 Tony Martin (Ger) Etixx - Quick-Step 0:00:35
    5 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Direct Energie 0:00:59
    6 Luke Durbridge (Aus) Orica-GreenEdge 0:01:04
    7 Stefan Kueng (Swi) BMC Racing Team 0:01:06
    8 Mads Pedersen (Den) Stölting Service Group 0:01:19
    9 Nils Politt (Ger) Team Katusha
    10 Johan Le Bon (Fra) FDJ
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Nice to see Stefan Kueng building back up and in the mix after illness/injury. That guy is going to be quite a force.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Far too much road furniture in the last day. Horrible TT course.
    I hope the 3DP is better next year, or i'll not bother watching it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rick_chasey
    Pinno wrote:

Day 3 has been the same route for as long as I can remember.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Pinno wrote:

Day 3 has been the same route for as long as I can remember.

Ah. I haven't watched 3DP before now. They do like their bloody bollards.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Yeah I'd say it's been the same two courses on the last day since the year David Millar won it (2010?)

Even yesterday's route was a carbon copy of the last 3-4 years. De Panne is a race that truly knows its place and doesn't mess about trying to be too fancy