Pedal Based Power Meters

2»

Comments

• Daniel B wrote:
    nicklong wrote:

Thanks, I am not totally sure I need double sided measurement .....and if I can avoid changing my look keo cleats that would be a bonus.

All three systems have their advantages/disadvantages.

But they are Look Keo cleats, so why would you need to change them?

Sorry, I meant vs the Powertap P1s , which would require a cleat change, so the Bepro would be an easier transition.

How are you guys with them finding battery life?
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,641
    I finished a 50 mile ride today and the BePro was still giving a signal, it had given me a low power warning when I synced it to the Garmin before the ride. Total 300 miles on that charge. Being conservative that's 20 hours.
  • Gethinceri wrote:
    I finished a 50 mile ride today and the BePro was still giving a signal, it had given me a low power warning when I synced it to the Garmin before the ride. Total 300 miles on that charge. Being conservative that's 20 hours.

Thank you. I ordered a set this morning along with spare stickers.

Interestingly I asked Favero about shoe compatibility and they emailed me a special template to check my shoes!

If anyone needs any info let me know. Fingers crossed.
  • craigr
    craigr Posts: 53
    P1 owner here, got them in September/October and worked great until accident damage. (Car hit pedal and buckled axle)
    Sent them to Powertap in US for checking and they fixed and returned at no cost. :)

There were a few daft power readings (40,000 watts + for a second) on a few rides before firmware updates, but these are gone now.

Firmware upgrade is a bit of a pain if you don't have an iPhone, iPod, but easily done by someone else's phone as only takes minutes to do once app is installed.

Overall pretty happy with them. If you read DC Rainmakers blog you will see why PM are so expensive : http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/02/behi ... quarq.html