What's cooler than a Gabba 2?

2»

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    5'9'' 39" chest and 32" waist here and I am on a M too, as above for the Gabba. Normally I am a S with DHB though
    left the forum March 2023
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    5'9'' 39" chest and 32" waist here and I am on a M too, as above for the Gabba. Normally I am a S with DHB though

Torso and waist fit is fine in S for DHB but I often find sleeves are too short. Obviously not an issue with SS tops/gilets etc. It also depends how you like to wear your kit to an extent and if you plan to layer up.
  • mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    Agreed on the comments above. Gabba with the right baselayer and unzipping when it gets a touch hot.

I specifically bought a SS version a few years back and paired with arm warmers. However been putting up with wearing the hardshell as I enjoy the colour (orange) and warmth I can get in the early morning rides.

Once the tempreture regulates a bit better I will start wearing my gabba, the only drawback is that I will be in all black.
    Maybe pair it with some colourful socks :)
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    I have been using the ASSOS intermediate evo the last few days over quite a range of temperatures 3C-10C. When it is not raining it is a better bet than the Gabba - greater levels of comfort over a wider range of temperatures. It is still available from the ASSOS factory sales - much cheaper than the S7 which was the replacement model - I do not think the S7 is a significant upgrade on the evo. Paired with an appropriate baselayer the evo operates over a very wide of range of temperatures.
  • Camcycle1974
    letap73 wrote:
    I have been using the ASSOS intermediate evo the last few days over quite a range of temperatures 3C-10C. When it is not raining it is a better bet than the Gabba - greater levels of comfort over a wider range of temperatures. It is still available from the ASSOS factory sales - much cheaper than the S7 which was the replacement model - I do not think the S7 is a significant upgrade on the evo. Paired with an appropriate baselayer the evo operates over a very wide of range of temperatures.

Had a look last night. Unless you are tiny or huge there are no Evo jerseys left.
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    A long sleeve baselayer with a windproof panel on the torso and a normal jersey's practically all I wear at this time of year.
    I've a two Mavic ones, Craft does one too.
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Camcycle1974,

In whch case - subject to availability - the spring version of the Parentini Mossa (arrow wind I think) - which if it is as good as the winter mossa would be a superb choice.
    Anything by DHB or Lusso for spring would also somewhere where I would look for excellent VFM.
  • Camcycle1974
    letap73 wrote:
    Camcycle1974,

In whch case - subject to availability - the spring version of the Parentini Mossa (arrow wind I think) - which if it is as good as the winter mossa would be a superb choice.
    Anything by DHB or Lusso for spring would also somewhere where I would look for excellent VFM.

Thanks, I will take a look at those options. Tried on a nice Endura roubaix jersey today but maybe a bit too hot and not windproof so it would need a gilet over it, making it far too hot.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,789
    Anyone seen one of these yet?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-perfet ... ve-jersey/

"It was the pros who first asked for a Gabba that’s not as hot as the Gabba" - seems to fit the brief!
  • Wow you do run hot. I find my Gabba 2 LS way too cold below 10. I have an Alpha Jersey which I love and find better than the Gabba in most conditions other than persistent drizzle. More breathable and seems to have a better temperature range. I don't really sweat much outdoors but the Alpha just feels better. As someone else mentioned the new Castelli Perfetto Light SS may be an option, I'm going to get one when it warms up a bit. I also disagree on the LS Gabba being a poor choice as in the temperature range it's designed for I'd need my arms covered and if they are going to be covered the whole time i'd rather have an LS jersey but that's just me