Flat pedal users what everyone using?

2»

Comments

• Recently changed from vaults to nukeproof electrons after an axle seized in my old cranks. Don't quite feel as solid/nice but £60 difference? Hmm.
    '14 Whyte T129s-*DEAD*
    OnOne Codeine 29er
  • dwr budr
    dwr budr Posts: 2
    cooldad wrote:
    dwr budr wrote:
    you can't get f20's for £88 delivered from ubyk
    No, you can't. Useful.

sorry, my bad, they must have put the price back up recently then - 90 squid from tweeks then.
  • Hello Superstar here, just to clarify that the Taiwan manufactured original nano pedals have been discontinued for over a year and replaced by the UK manufactured Nano-x. We have sold over 7000 pairs of the UK made pedals so far and they seem to be pulling in the media awards/reviews/grouptests already. Think of it as a wider platform evolution of the original design with 2 lengths of pins in the box, manufactured inhouse in Lincoln to a higher quality standard for half the price of anything comparable.

We have a video being filmed on Monday to cover the investment in high tech equipment we have made in UK manufacturing facility in Lincoln. It will go up on our Facebook page as soon as its published if you want to see what we do behind the scenes.

Any questions please let me know, Superstar
  • clint29
    clint29 Posts: 224
    Hello Superstar here, just to clarify that the Taiwan manufactured original nano pedals have been discontinued for over a year and replaced by the UK manufactured Nano-x. We have sold over 7000 pairs of the UK made pedals so far and they seem to be pulling in the media awards/reviews/grouptests already. Think of it as a wider platform evolution of the original design with 2 lengths of pins in the box, manufactured inhouse in Lincoln to a higher quality standard for half the price of anything comparable.

We have a video being filmed on Monday to cover the investment in high tech equipment we have made in UK manufacturing facility in Lincoln. It will go up on our Facebook page as soon as its published if you want to see what we do behind the scenes.

Any questions please let me know, Superstar
    How wide are they? The Vaults are the only pedal I've found comfortable being a 13 with wide feet. Cheers.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    clint29 wrote:
    How wide are they? The Vaults are the only pedal I've found comfortable being a 13 with wide feet. Cheers.

They're wide enough for my dainty little size 12s.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    They're 110 wide as opposed to th 115 of the vault, but unlike the vault they are squarer, so the pedal body is likely wider overall
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Fresh from the box:

579179A0-5D07-4221-849E-B533D598067A_zpsv6cojt48.jpg
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • clint29
    clint29 Posts: 224
    Antm81 wrote:
    They're 110 wide as opposed to th 115 of the vault, but unlike the vault they are squarer, so the pedal body is likely wider overall
    Cheers a bit late for me as I've bought the Vaults but they look wide enough on the above photo.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    supersonic wrote:
    Sounds like the bush or end bearing has worn. Mine still going strong 8 years on!

I've taken apart the worse pedal, left one and it looks like the bushing has worn, is that the white plastic bit at the top before the rubber seal?

Bearing sounds fine to me, looks like they all use the same bearings, the picture of the nano pedal bearings look similar to the ones in the mg1.

Surprised they didn't use two bearing per pedal?

Still going to order some nano-X pedals but would like to see if the mg1s can be saved or not.
  • I use shimano saints, really grippy but will rip your skin open if you catch them with you leg
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    June_Rider wrote:
    I use shimano saints, really grippy but will rip your skin open if you catch them with you leg

I've yet to ride a flat with pins that doesn't do that. I usually return from a ride looking as if I've been self harming.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • _HENDO_
    _HENDO_ Posts: 93
    DMR Vault or left of field pedals "Pedalling innovations" Catalyst pedal. (Google them as you need to buy into the concept!)
    For professional MTB & BMX coaching, training & guiding!
    www.pedaltoprogression.com
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    These are great at eliminating the self harm effect at your shins, they are grippy but the pins are rounded so damage is limited when things go wrong, tried these on a friends bike and did not nottice any difference in grip from my saints, now moved to mallets though

https://www.rosebikes.com/article/xtrem ... aid:483540
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • swod1
    If anyone else is after pedals superstar have an offer on the nano X pedals 30 pound.

Offer code UKMAR25 also works on narrow wide chain rings until midnight 21st March.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    swod1 wrote:
    If anyone else is after pedals superstar have an offer on the nano X pedals 30 pound.

Offer code UKMAR25 also works on narrow wide chain rings until midnight 21st March.

Dash and bother, I've already got a set. At least I got there in time for the special offer on wheels!
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • shindig
    shindig Posts: 173
    I have saints on my hardtail, full sus, fatbike and cx bike. Great pedals and good value for money.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Interestingly (or not) I found Saints were not grippy enough with my SHimano shoes. Even with the washers removed. Just made the switch to Nano-X not exactly a pretty pedal, but the wide platform and longer pin choice looks set to work for me. Trying them at BPW on Monday. Was going to buy some Hope F20's but couldnt get past the excellent price of the superstars
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    swod1 wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    Sounds like the bush or end bearing has worn. Mine still going strong 8 years on!

I've taken apart the worse pedal, left one and it looks like the bushing has worn, is that the white plastic bit at the top before the rubber seal?

Bearing sounds fine to me, looks like they all use the same bearings, the picture of the nano pedal bearings look similar to the ones in the mg1.

Surprised they didn't use two bearing per pedal?

Still going to order some nano-X pedals but would like to see if the mg1s can be saved or not.

Yes, the white (yellow) plastic cylinder - a DU bush - service kits can be had, or simply take to a bearings supplier, they should be able to match it up.

Indeed, is quite a common set up, one bearing, one bush. As a large majority of pedals are made by HT, Wellgo and VPm there is quite a bit of interchangeability between branded models.
  • swod1
    supersonic wrote:
    Yes, the white (yellow) plastic cylinder - a DU bush - service kits can be had, or simply take to a bearings supplier, they should be able to match it up.

Cheers for that I'll have a look, that's if I can knock it out to measure.

Had a rummage in my spares box and found a pair of nano thru pin pedals that I've stuck on my bike for the time being, I can't remember buying these.

Silly me got a new pair in post as well those can go on a full suss I'm building.