Summer Thursday

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    I prefer Gold Blend to ordinary Nescafe, and that Douwe Egbert's stuff is fine too. Depends which is on special offer at the time.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I...that.

Was the train driver lost? Presumably this was n the days before satnav. :roll: Travelling between Italy and Austria the border crossing would likely be in the Sud Tirol, they are more German than Italian. Genoa is not a border town, it is on the coast along from Ventimiglia which would be the border crossing if you were travelling along the Riviera. Also Emanuelle was the name of a series of films you were watching whilst pulling your pudding in Stockholm.

I got on the train in Genoa and I have never heard of off road trains. Seen as it is on rails, it's stop or go, that's why even the flakiest greasy spick can drive one. I am open to the suggestion that some uncle had mucked around with the points system due to an obligatory family feud but seen as the destination was Innsbruck and we did get to Innsbruck, the logic is that he could not have been lost and no messing with points occurred.
    I know where Genoa is, I had been in that glorious sh1t hole Marseille previously.

Gold Blend is shyte and you're a liar Bally. You're just coming in here to stir things up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I prefer Gold Blend to ordinary Nescafe, and that Douwe Egbert's stuff is fine too. Depends which is on special offer at the time.

Gravy.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • I just made some nescafe, can't say it's much more than flavoured water really.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Pinno wrote:
    I got on the train in Genoa and I have never heard of off road trains...
    Ah, just badly worded then. So the child's drink wasn't in Genova but at the border in Sud Tirol. As previously stated more German than Italian.
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I...that.

Was the train driver lost? Presumably this was n the days before satnav. :roll: Travelling between Italy and Austria the border crossing would likely be in the Sud Tirol, they are more German than Italian. Genoa is not a border town, it is on the coast along from Ventimiglia which would be the border crossing if you were travelling along the Riviera. Also Emanuelle was the name of a series of films you were watching whilst pulling your pudding in Stockholm.

I got on the train in Genoa and I have never heard of off road trains. Seen as it is on rails, it's stop or go, that's why even the flakiest greasy spick can drive one. I am open to the suggestion that some uncle had mucked around with the points system due to an obligatory family feud but seen as the destination was Innsbruck and we did get to Innsbruck, the logic is that he could not have been lost and no messing with points occurred.
    I know where Genoa is, I had been in that glorious sh1t hole Marseille previously.

Gold Blend is shyte and you're a liar Bally. You're just coming in here to stir things up.

Liar? Moi? You think Nescafe is better than Gold Blend then? :wink:
  • pinno
    Nescafe and all instant coffee's are shyte, plain shyte.

Emanuel or Emanuelle (I don't know - they stick a vowel on the end of every word apart from Wilier, so it's impossible to tell the gender) was from Roma.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Emanuel or Emanuelle (I don't know - they stick a vowel on the end of every word apart from Wilier, so it's impossible to tell the gender) was from Roma.
    I think she's been all over the world.
    emanuelle_around_the_world_poster_01.jpg
    But, if you had trouble telling the gender...
    EmanuelleBangkok_LARGE.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    By replying to my little challenge above, it's good to see some you at least realise that you're coffee snobs :wink:

[Sips tasty latte]
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Coffee dates back to Ethiopia. It is not an original Italian conception, therefore we can do what we like to it.
  • Ahhh Thursday.

Lovely day here so headed out on the cross bike, whereby my buddy promptly hit a huge pot hole, went over the bars and fractured both elbows ! ouch ! nasty one, poor bugger.

Second time out on his new CX bike as well.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • pinno
    Ahhh Thursday.

Lovely day here so headed out on the cross bike, whereby my buddy promptly hit a huge pot hole, went over the bars and fractured both elbows ! ouch ! nasty one, poor bugger.

Second time out on his new CX bike as well.

...and no mention of coffee!?
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    By replying to my little challenge above, it's good to see some you at least realise that you're coffee snobs :wink:

[Sips tasty latte]
    We all know you're beyond help. Goading Piña is just too tempting. I used to be like TLW and said I didn't like coffee. Then I learnt I don't like long, weak coffee flavoured drinks. But I like a shot of proper coffee.
  • I went home and had a coffee, a Grande Intenso on my Dolce Gusto :) philistine I know, but I like it.

He never cause he can`t get his hands up to his mouth.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • ballysmate
    Where do you f*ckers, stuck up your own arses on coffee, stand on Camp coffee? :lol:
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Where do you f*ckers, stuck up your own arses on coffee, stand on Camp coffee? :lol:

Get on with the caption comp pic and keep your long nose and your sh1t paddle out of it.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Ballysmate wrote:

I thought latte was camp coffee :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    team47b wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Camp coffee is any coffee you drink out of those girly little expresso cups :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Exactly. Camp as a row of pink tents.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Exactly. Camp as a row of pink tents.

...but not as camp as Seano, surely?
  • Stevo_666
    Now enjoying a butch Waitrose latte while appreciating the Saturday girls :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Two words I never thought I'd see in the same sentence.
  • pinno
    Just enjoying the post ride shower, eat, sofa.

Riding in these temperatures is enjoyable right up until that point when the energy starts waning and you get a shiver up your spine, then it's everything but.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You do realise that it's Saturday and you have lead me astray.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

On the latte front or the Saturday girl front?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I went into the coffee thread of my own volition.... should be a good fight.

On the other subject, it reminds of Cavendish House in Cheltenham and a stunning waitress called Adele...
  • pinno
    ...oh, and that fantastic cheesecake at Spencer's Cafe in the company of Letitia (Mousy blonde pharmacist from Madrid who ran off with a Merchant Banker, I never had a chance did I?), Helen from Rotterdam (cute and blue eyed but could talk for the EU), the stunning Roberta from Milan (firebrand, wouldn't touch her with an ice pop) and a couple of mates. It was the Saturday ritual.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I went into the coffee thread of my own volition.... should be a good fight.
    Lots of snobby fish on the hook :D

I try not to get in the queue for the checkout with the stunning Indian or the tanned brunette Saturday girls every time :twisted:
  • pinno
    Some Asian babes can be stunning.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Some Asian babes can be stunning.
    Yup. The trouble n strife is half Indian, half Portuguese :)