Summer Thursday

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
I'll trade you, for a day anyway. Today was about 38 deg C, and 90% humidity, and not a breath of wind all day.

Nothing remotely bike related happened. There was some swimming. Well, I say swimming... more floating than anything... :D

Considerable hassle replacing a ceiling fan that's had the biccie, when the very expensive replacement turned out to be dead out of the box. :evil: :x :evil: :x
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• Glorious day here, shame I'm not having a day off but someone got in before me.

Just finishing off what may end up being a very lucritive quotation (for me anyway) then some other worky type stuff as I look out at the bright blue sky.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    My truck is in for it's uncomfortably regular service so I'm office bound today. Organising my riding/drinking trip to the Lakes this weekend rather than do any real work...
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Just shirkin' from shirkin' today :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Went to the dentist and got my fake tooth replaced (historical rollerblading incident).

Planning for Track World Champs next week - should be a good week!
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon all,
    Probably the last day of shirking from home today. Went to the quack's this morning to review what is going on with my daughter. Not much would be the answer to that. Although to be fair I don't think much more can be done, I just wish what they were going to do would happen quicker.
  • Just looking at booking the chunnel.

I managed to shoehorn the B word into our holiday discussion over lunch and although it wasn't agreed it wasn't exactly refused either!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Great day until I had to deal with an imbecile who ranks much higher than me at work. Utter imbecile - 100% cretin.

Now for chilli chicken lunch, a bit of chill in' with The Hound and onwards and upwards.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Brrrr cold. Minus summat and snowing when I headed out on the back roads. Cops pulled us in to their new (completed June 2015) VOSA checkpoint. The 'if' wasn't in question, only the 'when' but everything was okay. Just as well I was sorting the brake and a side light yesterday in a moment of rare due diligence, unless my subconscious had some sort of a premonition and didn't tell the conscious side.

For the first time, I had a 'Tiramisu cake' today. For a novel idea, it was excellent, particularly when it was washed down with the best Latte in the region and served by the wiggling bottomed Boss's daughter (30 ish, blonde size 10-12, flirty).

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    For the first time, I had a 'Tiramisu cake' today. For a novel idea, it was excellent, particularly when it was washed down with the best Latte in the region and served by the wiggling bottomed Boss's daughter (30 ish, blonde size 10-12, flirty).
    There is so much wrong with the above. Proper Tiramisu is good, it should not be a cake. Washed down with a glass of milk? And you know the rules, POIDH!
  • Matthewfalle
    Latte? A friggin' latte? FFS, a milky white coffee is what it is.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Real Italians wouldn't touch frothy coffee after 10am.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Real Italians wouldn't touch frothy coffee after 10am.

Real Abbruzzesi don't touch one any time of the day. Why put filth in your coffee?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    I refuse to accept it is anything other than milk. If you walk into a bar in Italy and ask for latte they will ask you if you want a glass of milk.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Evenin all,

Minion recruited and starts next Tuesday so that's my job done for the day. Off out now to enjoy free drinks and talk about gig plans for they year :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I refuse to accept it is anything other than milk. If you walk into a bar in Italy and ask for latte they will ask you if you want a glass of milk.

Before, after or during the point where they laugh in your face?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

All of the above. I was in a bar when a tourist asked for such a thing. The guy was killing himself. Saying to me and a couple of others how the Americans take a coffee and then drown it in a litre of milk so you can't taste how bad their coffee is.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

All of the above. I was in a bar when a tourist asked for such a thing. The guy was killing himself. Saying to me and a couple of others how the Americans take a coffee and then drown it in a litre of milk so you can't taste how bad their coffee is.

I must admit that we (collective family - catering background - hotels, restaurants) are always bemused how people can turn up, have pre dinner drinks, 4 courses, wine, port, etc and then ask for a cappuccino.

Mmmmmm - I'd love a milky frothy breakfast drink on top of everything else.

I also remember being in the queue at the little coffee hut next to the Diana memorial playground. Burd in front thought she was posh so asked for a latte. Lovely lady behind the counter looked down on her, wiped her hands on her apron and replied: "So that will be a milky white then love?".

Oh, the joy.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    I like milky coffee and black coffee tastes like shyte. Go ahead coffee snobs, do your worst :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I like milky coffee and black coffee tastes like shyte. Go ahead coffee snobs, do your worst :)

a Latte drinking accountant who can't pedal uphill.....

Wot else is new :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Slowmart wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

a Latte drinking accountant who can't pedal uphill.....

Wot else is new :wink:

I can pedal uphill, but hate coffee
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

They've already tried... and failed. There is a flaw in their rubbish spouting but i'll come to that...

I had my first ever 'Latte' when the train stopped from Italy to Austria on the border from Genoa. I asked for a Cafe con leche in the Cafe not knowing any Italian. The guy behind the counter said in English "Yoo doan wanna cafe con leche, you wan a Laaatte". He was Italian.
    Some 10 years later, bemoaning the fact I didn't have a coffee machine so I could have my own Latte's, whilst in Stockholm, a student halls resident called Emanuelle told me to get a stove top and a balloon whisk and not bother with an overpriced, unreliable macchina per il caffè. I've not looked back.

The common denominator? Two authentic Italians rather than the faux Anglicised protagonists pretending to be the genuine Tiramisu, Spaghetti munching, Amoretto drinking (Curry house frequenters). Funny that.
  • Stevo_666
    I think you're agreeing with me...

Last time I went to Italy was on work they showed me to the coffee machine which had the massive choice of single or double espressos plus sugar. I realised then why the sugar was needed. Without it I may as well have been drinking creosote.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

They've already tried... and failed. There is a flaw in their rubbish spouting but i'll come to that...

I had my first ever 'Latte' when the train stopped from Italy to Austria on the border from Genoa. I asked for a Cafe con leche in the Cafe not knowing any Italian. The guy behind the counter said in English "Yoo doan wanna cafe con leche, you wan a Laaatte". He was Italian.
    Some 10 years later, bemoaning the fact I didn't have a coffee machine so I could have my own Latte's, whilst in Stockholm, a student halls resident called Emanuelle told me to get a stove top and a balloon whisk and not bother with an overpriced, unreliable macchina per il caffè. I've not looked back.

The common denominator? Two authentic Italians rather than the faux Anglicised protagonists pretending to be the genuine Tiramisu, Spaghetti munching, Amoretto drinking (Curry house frequenters). Funny that.

Ma che cazza, che stronzo.

Eh, Capitano: vattene a bordo.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    fishman.gif

"Ma che cazza, che stronzo. Eh, Capitano: vattene a bordo".

È questo il volto di preoccupazione?

Never mind insulting me, where's those bloody pictures?
  • Matthewfalle
    Eh, amico: piccies are on the thread. I'm stumped.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:

Was the train driver lost? Presumably this was n the days before satnav. :roll: Travelling between Italy and Austria the border crossing would likely be in the Sud Tirol, they are more German than Italian. Genoa is not a border town, it is on the coast along from Ventimiglia which would be the border crossing if you were travelling along the Riviera. Also Emanuelle was the name of a series of films you were watching whilst pulling your pudding in Stockholm.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    A café latte is an Italian name for a milky coffe only ever consumed in the home never out of the house, a latte is the English name for a milky coffee asked for wherever you happen to be and you want to sound like a tosser :D

And don't get me started on skinny latte double shot hold the chocolate put some tiramisu on the top...
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Talking of which, WTF is the point of de-caf coffee? Its hot brown water. I can get that from a puddle, therefore saving money and not looking like a tosser when asking for it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Was the train driver lost? Presumably this was n the days before satnav. :roll: Travelling between Italy and Austria the border crossing would likely be in the Sud Tirol, they are more German than Italian. Genoa is not a border town, it is on the coast along from Ventimiglia which would be the border crossing if you were travelling along the Riviera. Also Emanuelle was the name of a series of films you were watching whilst pulling your pudding in Stockholm.

Yeah - exactly what Papa V said.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Eh, amico: piccies are on the thread. I'm stumped.

No, not those pics you wazzock. PM sent.

All this latte at home bizness is a load of tosh anyway. Whatever you give to an Italian will never be "ees oakay bu' is not as good as my mother makes".
    God help you if the visitor's mum has passed away/is sick 'cos then you'll get "ees oakay bu' ees not as good as my mama makes" and a bucket load of tears thrown in.

@T47 - far too subtle for this lot.

Decaf - pointless.