Omloop Het Nieuwsblad - Sat 27th Feb **SPOILERS**

14567810»

Comments

• The shoulder GVA put on Sagan as he launched the sprint was magnificent.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • In all the excitement it had completely passed me by that Dimitri Claeys finished 12th! Good man!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • dortmunder
    dortmunder Posts: 101
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Haven't been through the whole thread so apologies if this has already been noted but not only was it not in HD on my TV at least the quality was shocking - thankfully there was only one of each team in the break as making out any detail was impossible.
    I thought exactly the same. When I saw it was on Bike I was pleased as it meant I didn't have to watch some poor quality illegal feed. Instead I got what looked like some poor quality illegal internet feed being broadcast by a TV station.

I'm assuming this was in someway down to Bike and it wasn't a broadcast issue at the race?

The coverage was from the Belgian Sporza channel, which I saw in HD in Belgium. The lack of quality in the pictures was down to the Bike channel IMO
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Why is Mr Benoot "Tisj" (Teesh) but my mate Mr Marus "Tijs" (Tiesz)

is it a Dutch/Vlammse thing or are they totally different names?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I think that Vlaamse softens the sounds of the language a bit. That's my only explanation. Hence your end makes the letter G sound almost Welsh and mine makes it sound like the letter H with a speech impediment.

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Yeah, I'm very with you. Vlaamse meisjes sound a lot nicer! ;)

(though a little more like Bill & Ben)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    I think that Vlaamse softens the sounds of the language a bit. That's my only explanation. Hence your end makes the letter G sound almost Welsh and mine makes it sound like the letter H with a speech impediment.

Makes them sound like they're from a provincial backwater :P
  • I think that Vlaamse softens the sounds of the language a bit. That's my only explanation. Hence your end makes the letter G sound almost Welsh and mine makes it sound like the letter H with a speech impediment.

Makes them sound like they're from a provincial backwater :P

What's your point, caller? :wink:

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    Not everyone can be like the utopia that is the Netherlands.

Some nations just look on in disbelief and envy (UK) others bastardise their language.

*shrugs* can't be helped.

;)
  • Not every nation can have a caravan in every drive, a tin of Heineken in every drivers hand and a sack of potatoes on the passenger seat.

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    Yeah. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    I used to play hockey with a Dutch bloke called Thijs and I'd manage to say his name six different ways in a single match.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    Ah, the Welsh...