Shit, Small Races 2016

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    gsk82 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Tro Bro Leon, if anyone is interested. I like it even though I had never heard of it before. Weather gave it some spice.

En Francaise too. Makes a change from the something stuck in your throat Dutch speak. Plus I can actually understand a bit of it. Attention s'il vous plait - there is little on screen info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ_mqSdzMuY

Having half heard the result of the 2016 race I found that 2014 video very confusing.

2016 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2y32yglUIck

:lol:

It's been a long week.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    How many current Pro Races have dirt sections like that?

Strade Bianchi
    Tro Bro...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Tro Bro has been one of my favourite races for a few years. Deserves a higher status I reckon. Good result for One Pro though. Very rare for a non-French rider to win (6th time in 33 editions although it was amateur until 2000).
  • Farcical scenes at the Tour of Turkey as the bunch allow Niemic to get a 2 and a half minute lead by just glass cranking.

The biggest threat to Niemic seems to be the pedestrians just waltzing across the road.

30 k to go so it will all come down to a sprint, It's the same finish as the last stage last year, uphill and twisty
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    edited April 2016
    Tro Bro is ace. Watched for the best part of a decade.

Turkey is less ace and even more crazy for the wrong reason.
    Fingers crossed there isn't a mass pile up between bunch and the "carefree" population.
    Like racing up and down Oxford Street in the week before Christmas.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • 26k to go and 2'48" gap

Maybe not so sure to be a sprint.
  • They're just letting him go!

Southeast on the front of the peloton as Lotto (currently) won't chase for Greipel.

20.9k to go and the gap is 3'17"!
  • blazing_saddles
    Half the Lotto team just hanging around the back of the bunch.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Did I just see some cyclo-tourists mixxing it with the peloton in Turkey there ?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    Tro Bro is ace. Watched for the best part of a decade.

Yeah, the earlier editions were really good, but then it sold out...

*hipster*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    Crazy crazy lady crossing the road, literally inches in front of the peloton.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Last year there were a load of internet writers who went to the Tour of Turkey. For most it was the only race they went to and they told us how brilliant the racing was and how well Turkey had tackled their doping problem. Seeing as they all though it so brilliant it's odd that none have gone back - preferring to write how the race has lost its way under new management. No all expenses trips this year, I guess, for writers who bang on about integrity.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Tro Bro Leon, if anyone is interested. I like it even though I had never heard of it before.
    It's the hipster's classic.The Pardubice of cycling.

The most hipster race of them all (in Europe at least)

The Grubers wrote some hilarious "giants of the road, smashed it, epic" nonsense about it a couple of years ago and it's been the go to race for the rapha jeans brigade to demonstrate their credentials ever since.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Last year there were a load of internet writers who went to the Tour of Turkey. For most it was the only race they went to and they told us how brilliant the racing was and how well Turkey had tackled their doping problem. Seeing as they all though it so brilliant it's odd that none have gone back - preferring to write how the race has lost its way under new management. No all expenses trips this year, I guess, for writers who bang on about integrity.

Begorrah begosh I can't think you could mean. To be sure. Toy toy toy.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,737
    RichN95 wrote:

Given the Turkish authorities just jailed a Dutch journo, I have a bit more sympathy.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    That final 500m is a bit sketchy for a bunch sprint.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Caja rural really pushing in the Tour of Turkey - breaking up race in the crosswinds. 41 seconds gained

edit - and spoiler tags don't work on this forum
  • blazing_saddles
    What a cracking stage that was. Certainly not a Turkey turkey.

Mustapha Sayer is back with Torku and in the race. :shock:
  • blazing_saddles
    Watching TRT and there is much wind and echelons in Turkey again. :)
    Crazy conditions.
  • blazing_saddles
    They've managed to cover 12 kms in half an hour.
  • imatfaal
    They've managed to cover 12 kms in half an hour.

It doesn't look fun out there.

Caja Rural really looking good - to be honest they look like the World Tour team in a group of smaller teams.
  • blazing_saddles
    Niemiec 14 minutes down and the whole Lotto team make it into the lead group.
    Caja certainly sitting in the pound seats atm.
  • imatfaal
    Lotto put it into the gutter and are gonna break up the front echelon
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Bizarre race
  • blazing_saddles
    Wow. Gent Wevelgem 2015 comes to Turkey.
    The past two days have been incredible.
  • Tour of Turkey turning into the Tour of Qatar and still no one has sounded the echelons klaxon!
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    edited May 2016
    Surely the Tour of Yorkshire should have some sort of mention on this thread.
    Or you don't think it worthy of it even being good enough to qualify here. ?
    Other races with their own threads get mentioned here.
    With Thomas Voeckler giving the race his status for winning such events, I think it should.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Well it so shit that nobody knows the difference between that and the Tour de Yorkshire...
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    deejay wrote:
    Surely the Tour of Britain should have some sort of mention on this thread.
    Or you don't think it worthy of it even being good enough to qualify here. ?
    Other races with their own threads get mentioned here.
    With Thomas Voeckler giving the race his status for winning such events, I think it should.

do you mean the Tour de Bretagne ?
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Whoops.
    Your both right but is there much difference ??
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972