Garmin 520 issue

mamba80
mamba80 Posts: 5,032
Got one about a month ago after borrowing one, for a while.
anyway, was ill and did start using it until this week, 3rd ride - cadence wont pair, fine with another sensor, replaced battery, though original seemed fine, all ok, upload to TP was fine too.

Todays turbo ride, upload to TP and front page shows all info BUT when you go into graphs or other tabs and there is nothing, upload again and over write, all is good.
tried another TP acc, same problem but the Garmin 520 i borrowed is absolutely fine, did factory reset, same problem.

all i can see is that the time on the Garmin was wrong because it could not get new time from GPS......

Is it me or the device?

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Did you upload to any other sites? Was the data correct in Garmin Connect?

Was the cadence displayed when you were riding?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Load into Golden Cheetah to get to an easier data file edit, see whats there in the file or not as case maybe.
    Doubt it is the 520 as such... maybe sensors not paired 100%.
    Have you erased your mate's ride profiles ... ? You'll be popular.
  • mamba80
    The cadence pairing issue was def a battery prob, its all ok now.

Just done a manual upload into TP (no autosync) connect via usb, browse, click *.fit file. then open, looks as if all is good but no data, repeat process and TP reports back that 2 identical files are downloaded and all data is there - its as if on the first attempt it failes to upload into TP, 2nd attempt is then perfect.

it uploaded into Connect on 2nd attempt also........

As i said, no problem with another 520 and same issue with upload into an otherwise working TP acc.

i think i ll delete express and TP acc and start again but to me it looks like the 520, maybe try GC too.

New to GC but set up Athlete, click Activity, download from device/select *fit on 520, starts download, then hangs on step 3 of 4 ?
  • redvision
    Sounds a strange one to me.

How are you uploading? Via USB lead or bluetooth?
    Whichever one you are using try the other option.

If the data is uploading on the second attempt then the Garmin is recording the data correctly and so it is an issue with how you are uploading.

edit, just reread your post and sounds like you are uploading direct to your pc. Check your USB cable & usb port - also check the charging port on the Garmin - these are prone to rust.

As i said above, try the bluetooth upload and see if that makes a difference.
  • mamba80
    Same PC and usb, works perfectly well with one 520 but not the other, also fit will not load into GC at all.... which might be me?

to me, its a 520 issue with how the file is being uploaded within the device to the transfer to the PC or delete both TP and Express and try again.

EDIT; drag and drop works perfectly fine into TP, as you say, the 520 is recording data or it would nt be there on 2nd attempt.
  • redvision
    Have you got a smart phone? If so, download the GC app and uploads are automatic at the end of a ride.

I was reading a few days ago about .fit file upload issues with Garmin Connect so that isn't down to your device.

TBH if the one device is uploading to pc ok but the other is not then check the usb port on the Garmin - these do rust (which is one of the reasons Garmin introduced the bluetooth upload ability) and this can interfere with upload/connection to the pc.