4iiii Power Meter

2»

Comments

• The 4iiii does look like a good option to me, but having to stick with the same crank could bother some in future when upgrades are desired. Also the potential for some import duties but still likely to end up cheaper than pretty much any alternative.

I wasn't keen on the idea of having to stick with the same crank, so opted for the BePro S pedals, (left-side only) and for £365 I've been really impressed with them. Cheaper than stages and offers more flexibility in terms of future crank upgrades. Can be a bit of a pain to get hold of though!
  • jmrr
    jmrr Posts: 19
    The 4iiii does look like a good option to me, but having to stick with the same crank could bother some in future when upgrades are desired. Also the potential for some import duties but still likely to end up cheaper than pretty much any alternative.

I wasn't keen on the idea of having to stick with the same crank, so opted for the BePro S pedals, (left-side only) and for £365 I've been really impressed with them. Cheaper than stages and offers more flexibility in terms of future crank upgrades. Can be a bit of a pain to get hold of though!

Check out http://www.powermetershop.de
    They have bePRO S in stock, cheap and fast delivery also.

I have ordered bePRO S and full bePRO from them and customer service there is one of the best I've seen.
  • They're priced well but I'm not keen on stance being widened, how easily the casing/ charging port could get damaged and what I've heard about the measuring technology.
  • jmrr
    Solstice21 wrote:
    They're priced well but I'm not keen on stance being widened, how easily the casing/ charging port could get damaged and what I've heard about the measuring technology.

Do you mean by "stance" the Q-factor? It doesn't change, it's the same as normal pedals.
    I don't know where you ride but damaging the charging port itself is not something I worry. It's not possible to hit your shoe to the port and even if you lose charging port cover, it's still waterproof.
    Damaging casing is a little bit easier if you hit your shoe to it constantly, but those are just scratches, cosmetic damages. DCRainmaker's review has a picture with a pod without the cover, and the electronics are pretty deep in resin so reaching those by damage is impossible.
    What you have heard about the measuring technology?

And to be clear I'm not saying that bePRO is THE power meter and everything else sucks. I would love to have every power meter on market and ride with them, but as you said bePRO is priced well :)
  • Ignore my comment about the accuracy..I was confusing them with another product (powerpod). Though I have seen several pics of the Bepro's casing with holes in after couple of months use (albeit still working ok). I was also concerned that they did widen stance/ q factor too. If I could I'd have feet closer together on a narrow crank Obree style...I wouldn't want something that put them further apart, You say they don't do this at all?
  • jmrr
    Solstice21 wrote:
    Ignore my comment about the accuracy..I was confusing them with another product (powerpod). Though I have seen several pics of the Bepro's casing with holes in after couple of months use (albeit still working ok). I was also concerned that they did widen stance/ q factor too. If I could I'd have feet closer together on a narrow crank Obree style...I wouldn't want something that put them further apart, You say they don't do this at all?

Check out this link, there's a picture comparing normal Look pedal and bePRO: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/09/fave ... ghts-sizes
    I think bePRO's axle's thread is shorter so that way it doesn't change Q-factor.
    Also on bePRO's site they state that:
    "UNALTERED Q-FACTOR
    bePRO keeps the standard Q-Factor unchanged to ensure a correct pedal stroke and avoid joint inflammation."

One thing I really like about pedal based power meters is that they are much easier to take to holiday if you are renting a bike.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Solstice21 wrote:
    Anyone running 1 of these? Seems a good deal @~£250 and same/similar to stages. Not too worried about single sided, just want accurate!

Thanks

Did you end up ordering a 4iiii?
    How much were the custom charges?
    Thanks
  • courtmed
    courtmed Posts: 164
    Might be worth checking out this thread Redvision

viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13074859&p=20041962&hilit=4iiii#p20041962
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    courtmed wrote:
    Might be worth checking out this thread Redvision