Recommended litterature for training & advice?

Maverick777
Maverick777 Posts: 18
Hi All,

I am doing a 77 mile charity ride in April and have been out cycling (weather permitting) and when that has happened have used a cycle machine. I want to up my game and would like advice please? In addition can you recommend any books please.

Thanks

:?:

Comments

• The British Cycling website has everything you need.
  • Hi,

Do you need to be a member? As I could not find details of any books?

Thanks
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Hi,

Thanks

Buy a book if you want - but you don't really need one. If your target is a 77 mile charity ride, then regular rides up to and over 77 miles are what you need to be doing. There's no shortcuts, no revelations and no magic techniques that any training book has to offer...
  • herzog
    herzog Posts: 197
    Imposter wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks

Buy a book if you want - but you don't really need one. If your target is a 77 mile charity ride, then regular rides up to and over 77 miles are what you need to be doing. There's no shortcuts, no revelations and no magic techniques that any training book has to offer...

This^^^^^

Build up gradually, perhaps working up to your target event by adding an additional 5 miles or so every week. When you're capable of doing 90% distance, you're ready as excitement on the big day will take care of the remaining 10%.