bkool

jewbs
jewbs Posts: 139
I decided to give bkool a go with my turbo trainer. I signed up for the 1 month free trial of the premium subscription which meant i had to give my card details and would automatically pay to carry on unless i cancel the subscription. My month trial ended a couple of weeks ago but it seems my premium subs did not carry on but got cancelled. When i look at my orders it says cancelled but then a day later a new order has been made and says pending. I spoke to my cc company and no money has been taken.
I'm now wondering whether to get in touch with them to sort it out or just cancel and try something else. At the moment i'm just on a free subscription with banners asking me to upgrade to premium so what i can do is quite restricted.
During my 1 month trial there where a couple of things i found frustrating. Searching routes most seem to be in spain and sections of the vuelta. When i used the map to look for routes very few would come up, the whole of england only showed 3 or 4, couldn't find any routes in wales or northern italy an area i've been to a couple of times and would like to ride some routes on my turbo. There were some coloured lines that looked like they may be routes on the map but you couldn't access them so not sure. Considering they say there are 500,000 routes it seemed very restricted unless you were happy with spanish routes. Also i added routes to my favourites tab but when i was on the bkool app not all of them showed up so i couldn't pick them to ride unless i scheduled the route.
So now i'm wondering whether to stick with it or try something else.
Can anyone tell me if this is the same for them with bkool or have i not had full access for some reason. I'm using a mac book pro if that makes a difference .
I like to ride video routes and would like to download routes i have done and ride them any other suggestions of simulators to consider that will work on my mac.
cheers.

Comments

• I'm pushing you towards another forum but have a look on cycle chat as it has a very good sub section on bkool with a FAQ thread that probably answers most of your questions. I've just got the bkool pro and although I've only used it a few times I think it's great! I rode along the coast of Torreblanca ( in 3D and video ) on Saturday and the breeze from the sea was lovely!!
    The rides I've had on it have been really good work outs as well.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Searching on bkool for routes is a pain. Bets way I found is to use the map, drill in and open the slider on the right to show the route names. You may also want to deselect video or 3d on the left depending on what you want to do.