Trainer software that shows av watts for the interval

JesseP
JesseP Posts: 3
I've recently got a turbo which outputs power as well as cadence etc.

I'm looking for a software package that will report the average watts for the current interval / lap when doing interval training.

So far I've tried Zwift and Bkool and whilst both show the average watts for the entire session neither seem able to show the average watts for the current interval.

I know this can be achieved by linking the turbo to my garmin and using the lap button to start / stop every interval manually but I was hoping there would be a software tool / ap that performs this as a standard function.

Comments

• sebbyp
    sebbyp Posts: 106
    edited February 2016
    you will have to have a look at Trainerroad then. AFTER the interval the avg. heart rate/actual power/target power/cadence for the interval is shown.
    I've think I might have a free month to giveaway right now if you want it.
    I use the garmin if I remember to press lap! to show the average power during the interval, so I know I'll hit the target even with all the fluctuations that seem to happen.
  • Yes please sebbyp that would be great
  • To add the post above, a typical screen on Trainer Road.

http://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201974500-Live-Workout-Display-Explained

On the top left you will see the target power and actual power. Target power is also your average power for the 'segment'. See the white dot and the white line at the end of the green bar. When the white dot is bang on top of the white vertical line that is indicating you are maintaining target / average power for that segment. At the end of each segment the averages comes up on the screen briefly.

Or just use your Garmin.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live