Canyon Bikes

2»

Comments

• ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Out of curiousity, why are people putting up with all these delays, are Canyon bikes really that good? Buying cheap is one thing but everything I hear about the Canyon 'buying experience' indicates that they are borderline taking the pi55. I have no personal experience whatsoever with Canyon so that is a genuine question. If they are willing to treat customers like this at the outset, I really fear for what customer service would be like in the event of anything going wrong once the long awaited delivery had taken place.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223
    ayjaycee wrote:
    Out of curiousity, why are people putting up with all these delays, are Canyon bikes really that good? Buying cheap is one thing but everything I hear about the Canyon 'buying experience' indicates that they are borderline taking the pi55. I have no personal experience whatsoever with Canyon so that is a genuine question. If they are willing to treat customers like this at the outset, I really fear for what customer service would be like in the event of anything going wrong once the long awaited delivery had taken place.

For me I had been looking off and on for about 9 months and kept coming back to Canyon. Went to my LBS to look at the 2016 Cannondale Supersix Hi Mods but for me it didn't have the wow factor and won't have Di2 and would ave to spend £500 upgrading the wheels to match what are on my CAAD9. Also need size 50/XS which is not the easiest size to get.
  • For me I'm looking at them partly because I know they fit me in their XS size, plus when I rode one in Spain they were excellent. I've always ended up with bikes which are a little too big for me, so I want to try something which I know fits well.
  • Olas
    Olas Posts: 54
    ayjaycee wrote:

Agree, I don't understand the why people are prepared to put up with the wait! I was in the market last year and was just about to pull the trigger on an Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2. Saw sense with the 4 month wait, I was spending £3500 FFS!
    Got a discount on a Giant Propel Advanced Pro 0, stunning bike and had all it summer to ride! (plus have the back up of the shop) No brainer IMO.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Olas wrote:
    ayjaycee wrote:

Agree, I don't understand the why people are prepared to put up with the wait! I was in the market last year and was just about to pull the trigger on an Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2. Saw sense with the 4 month wait, I was spending £3500 FFS!
    Got a discount on a Giant Propel Advanced Pro 0, stunning bike and had all it summer to ride! (plus have the back up of the shop) No brainer IMO.

there is a guy on here complaining about giant warranty response through his LBS.... no one is perfect.
    but the Giants are great vfm but they dont do in my size any quicker than Canyon now and in tcr not at all.

i dont want a spesh/trek or a canondale and no LBS does anything different in the bikes i would go for size wise.

with Canyon there is no money up front either and a 30day right of return, which your CC would honour if Canyon didnt.

anyone wonder how Canyon manage cash flow wise? i mean they dont seem to shipping bikes right now.........
  • Waiting on a 2016 Canyon Ultimate SL 7 in 2XL. So that's a 63cm frame, very few manufacturers make that size, hence why i'm waiting.

Ordered on 2nd of November with dispatach date of 19th December, then 3rd of Feb, now 15th of Feb. Then 5-8days delivery.

I'm not mega bothered as I understand problems happen, I just wish they'd give a date and then stick to it. Not to confident on the 15th of Feb, the 2017 edition might be out before it gets delivered.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Maybe I am beginning to understand why those who need either smaller or larger than usual bikes go for Canyon but it's still beyond me why the rest would put up with it.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    ayjaycee wrote:
    Maybe I am beginning to understand why those who need either smaller or larger than usual bikes go for Canyon but it's still beyond me why the rest would put up with it.

Its because once you have ridden one you realise how fantastic they are.

I came close to cancelling my order and going for an s-works but in the end I knew how much I enjoyed riding my ultimate CF, I knew I wasn't in any rush for the bike to be delivered & the canyon was far better value for money.
  • Even when I was hiring a bike in Mallorca they were awful to deal with there. But it was worth it for the bike. Although they were rather put out I didn't speak German.