Well said Charlotte Rampling

2»

Comments

• Graeme_S wrote:
    Nicholas Cage films are often just good entertainment to pass an hour or so. He's worth the money IMHO. He's not a top level actor capable of winning an Oscar.
    Nicholas Cage has already won a Best Actor Oscar:
    "Cage received an Academy Award, a Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild Award for his performance as an alcoholic Hollywood writer in Leaving Las Vegas (1995)"
    Ah! Forgot about that one, how embarrassing! Mind you I've never managed to watch the whole of that so no wonder I forgot about it. It seemed like an amalgamation of his best bits in some ways if you get what I mean. He has a kind of character he likes to play and what I've managed to watch of that film he's just played that character better. Not convinced it was worth the Oscar but everyone's a critic with their own opinion. Perhaps one day I'll sit through the whole of it and see why he won those awards.

I think awards are only as good as what's been produced. I'm sure some years are better than others for films and acting standards. I often think people place too much importance on awards and their shows. I've yet to sit through even an abridged award show on tv. The important thing is the film.

PS without looking it up, how many Oscars can you remember out of say the last 15 or 20 years? Pick a category and count the ones you remember. I bet you remember the films and even the performances but not the Oscar win on a fair few of those years. That shows what's really the important thing about films IMHO.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Regarding Nicholas Cage. He is one of the most prolific actors in the industry. Apparently he managed to blow a 96,000,000 fortune and now owes millions in tax. He takes any part offered to him to pay the bills and churns out 2/3 films a year.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I can't think of Nicolas Cage now without thinking of this sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eExfV_xKaiM
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Graeme_S wrote:
    I can't think of Nicolas Cage now without thinking of this sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eExfV_xKaiM
    :lol: Brilliant
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי