Last World Tour team to win?

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    Scratch Dimension Data.
    What matters: 2.1 or the quality of the field?
    Cav took a few Qatar scalps getting to the century and a half.
    Just 2.1 races. That's an objective criteria.

Once every team has won we can switch to last team to win a World Tour race.

(Incidentally, for those wanting to keep track who has won and who hasn't, I do keep updating the first post of the thread.)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    It may have only been a 5k team time trial against little opposition, but a win is a win.
    FdJ are out.
  • was going to say FDJ, but they'll probably scrape a .1 victory in French race no-one knows about.

So Lotto Jumbo.

Well I got one part right at least (ok the race is known-ish but as Rich says - opposition isn't exactly overwhelming - according to PCS Astana have only turned up with 6 riders?).
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    A French team winning a TTT

How times have changed
  • ShutupJens wrote:

How times have changed

against a bunch of other French teams, whoever Astana could persuade to turn up, and some CT level teams....
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    ShutupJens wrote:

How times have changed

against a bunch of other French teams, whoever Astana could persuade to turn up, and some CT level teams....

I'm fairly sure I've seen a TTT with no non-French teams where the winner wasn't French.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • ShutupJens wrote:

How times have changed

yes - their social media feeds are a bit too much :oops:

The new signing 30 yr old Lithuanian Ignatas Konovalovas is an engine though - he beat Wiggins by a second in a '10' in the giro (and took the stage) - long time ago though. He was bought in to give them a ttt boost. Also got those two Norwegian 21 year olds Ekking and Hoolgeard Thats a massive multi national team in Madiot's eyes

still.............. positive team attitude and all that

12733605_10153385790092335_5382766084963653331_n.jpg?oh=df5049b631d61101ee1f877a73e7332a&oe=572D6427
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I'm still looking good for my Lampre vote! Have they even raced this season yet?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    I wouldn't count your chickens yet, the Italian season starts properly tomorrow with Laigueglia and Lampre have a good record of success there, having won the last 3 editions.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    andyp wrote:
    I wouldn't count your chickens yet, the Italian season starts properly tomorrow with Laigueglia and Lampre have a good record of success there, having won the last 3 editions.

Lopez at Astana will win it this year.
  • andyp
    I'd be impressed if he did.

Especially given Astana aren't riding.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    I can't even remember who I voted. Think it was Lampre.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    andyp wrote:

Duh, mixing up my Ls, That'd be Langkawi
  • andyp
    Joelsim wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Duh, mixing up my Ls, That'd be Langkawi

That seems much more likely. He look a great prospect. Is their a proper summit finish at Langkawi this year?
  • RichN95.
    Pokey French team wins pokey French race.

AG2R are out

Three left: Cannondale, Lampre and Giant
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    Ah, damn.

Your dream is still alive! :D
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Come on boys, you can do this!
  • andyp
    Filippo Ganna won the GP Laguna Porec in Croatia today, he'll be a Lampre rider next season (and was a stagiare for them last autumn). Does that count? :wink:
  • RichN95.
    andyp wrote:
    Filippo Ganna won the GP Laguna Porec in Croatia today, he'll be a Lampre rider next season (and was a stagiare for them last autumn). Does that count? :wink:
    No.
  • andyp
    I know.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,700
    thatsthejoke.jpg
  • RichN95.
    Tom Slagter (remember him) won a stage of Haut Var today, so Cannondale win the bronze medal.

He have a final. And it is a battle of the monsters.

Giant v Lampre

The Alien v Predator of our age. Whoever wins, we lose.

GIANT
    ax-giant_the-giant.jpg

LAMPRE(Y)
    maxresdefault.jpg

(In case you were wondering, that fish above is 30-40 feet long and lives in European freshwater rivers)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I think Giant should get a pass just so I can feel good about myself for picking Lampre.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Who'd have guessed giant a few months ago?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    gsk82 wrote:
    Certainly not my mum. I told her she shouldn't be driving at her age, but off she went to Spain.
  • The bar has been set too low. Can we have a referendum to revise it to just UCI World Tour and then see how it pans out?
  • RichN95 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:
    Certainly not my mum. I told her she shouldn't be driving at her age, but off she went to Spain.

:lol:
  • RichN95.
    The bar has been set too low. Can we have a referendum to revise it to just UCI World Tour and then see how it pans out?
    We can do both. But the World Tour has barely started at the moment.