Recovering from illness - training plan

warreng
warreng Posts: 535
On another thread I mentioned I had a Pulmonary Embolism which is clearing up very nicely now. The doctor said I could start exercising 4-6 weeks after the "event" so I'm ready to go. Obviously I'm taking it easy and not pushing myself but here's my question.

The doctor has no idea about rehab or training to get back to my previous levels of fitness so I'm in the dark. My main concern is not stressing my heart too much. Prior to being ill my resting HR was 65. During my stay in hospital it was 85. I'll be on the trainer for a few weeks and would like some indication of where to keep my HR - are there websites that could help me out?
2015 Cervelo S3
2016 Santa Cruz 5010
2016 Genesis Croix de Fer

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Without knowing your MHR, it's difficult to suggest what HR you should be riding at. If there is a medical reason why you should not be stressing your heart too much, then logically, you should be seeking advice from a cardiologist.
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    Thanks - the heart thing is my concern. The cardiologist was fairly relaxed and his words were "take it easy at first" - the whole rehab thing wasn't really his concern
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer