Diastasis Recti

bikes`n`guns
bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
Anyone had this ?

It appears I have this condition, noticed the protrusion while doing push ups, and whilst I will have to have a hernia ruled out at the docs, I`m 99% certain it is this condition.

If you have experience of this, then how did it go ? I know it is going to be an issue regards core strength and a possible additional cause of lower back pain, but the only way to correct it that I can find involves surgery.
Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently

Comments

• diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Quite unusual for a man to have it. Have you been very fat before? If you are in to physical fitness, then I would have it corrected.

You can try exercising the core to pull it in, but if they have separated properly I don't think this will help
  • Nope never been fat at all.

I need it assessed properly to determine whether an op is the way forward.

Mines shows as a peaked lump sticking out as opposed to a gap showing.
  • Hi

Had it for 15 years, too many improper sit up's when I was younger. Unless you get a hernia because of it don't expect anything from the Nhs as it's only cosmetic. Private op would set you back around 4k. Instead Search Youtube for Vid's on bringing the muscles back together using pilattes. It does work, it's mainly about sucking in the muscles before working them. Doesn't affect my cycling so why worry.. Still racing
  • I`ve private insurance so maybe push down that road if it comes to it.

I didn`t really expect any impact on cycling, but it looks freaky as hell while doing push ups !