2016 Predictions Thread

13»

Comments

• 80000 bezoekers per jar :shock:

That's visitors to you.

I guessed that, I just love the word :lol:

I must get round to learning some Dutch, it's always fascinated me

Ddraver told me, before I moved here, the most useful phrase is "waar is de feestje?"

And by God he was right.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Either that or really understanding what gezelligheid is in most contexts.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Landa will be on the podium in both the Giro and Vuelta!
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Landa will revert to type and score a stage win in each of the Giro and Vuelta.
    Mark Cavendish will win more races than Marcel kittel
    Andre Greipel will again be near the front for long periods at Flanders. He'll also win 2 tour stages.
    Valverde will win one Ardennes classic.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Landa will be on the podium in both the Giro and Vuelta!

Is he giving out the trophies?
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
  • One of the Yates boys to win LBL or a Tour stage..........
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Landa and Kwiatkowski will succumb to a combination of Kerrison's reign of terror and Dave's anti-sport motivational seminars. The Yates boys will win more.

(Landatkowski might score a few more points, mind, if Landa bags a Spanish podium).
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,592
    TheBigBean wrote:

Degenkolb will be banging his handlebars and only win smaller races.

Well this might be true, but for the wrong reasons.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    I think he'll take this as a blessing in disguise and go on to take yellow in the tour
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Looks like Sagan isn't going for the ORR

http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/sagan ... GqB8I3g.97
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Well given that I got the most predictions right last year (no need to check that just assume it's true), there is a lot of pressure on my predictions this year. After careful consideration I'm going for:

1. Sagan will not suffer from the curse of the rainbow jersey and will be at the top of the rankings by the end of the year
    2. Contador will win the Tour in his final season
    3. RVV/PR/E3 will be won by different riders
    4. Alaphillipe will win LBL or FW
    5. No one will care about the Vuelta again
    6. Greipel to be world champion
  • rick_chasey
    3 races in - Trek will be head & shoulders above the rest in the spring classics.
  • I hate to say it, but I don't think Boonen will do anything in the Classics.

Just looking at his performance in Paris Nice yesterday versus Cancellara in Strade Bianche on Saturday.

I very seriously hope I'm wrong though
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Agreed, Kristoffis not looking so hot either and in the absence of Degenkolb, it's going to be down to Sky and EBH to bring the competition - who woulda thunk
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • milton50
    I'd love to see Cancellara do the double in his final season. He's going to be seriously hard to beat in Flanders.

Just got a feeling that the winner of Roubaix won't be one of the top tier favourites this year. Someone like a Debusschere or Benoot.
  • rick_chasey
    Sagan will win a monument.

Kristof won't.

Dumolin won't threaten a top 5 in any GT.

2 outa 3 so far.
  • Milton50 wrote:
    I'd love to see Cancellara do the double in his final season. He's going to be seriously hard to beat in Flanders.

Just got a feeling that the winner of Roubaix won't be one of the top tier favourites this year. Someone like a Debusschere or Benoot.

You jinxed them both!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • milton50
    Milton50 wrote:

You jinxed them both!

True. :|

But then my official predictions are going pretty well. Sagan will be top of the rankings by the end of the year and E3/RVV/PR will be won by different riders.
  • milton50
    Milton50 wrote:
    Well given that I got the most predictions right last year (no need to check that just assume it's true), there is a lot of pressure on my predictions this year. After careful consideration I'm going for:

3. RVV/PR/E3 will be won by different riders

Kerching!
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,592
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Vanmarcke and Sagan will win a monument.
    A relative unknown will also grab one of the first four monuments.
    Degenkolb will be banging his handlebars and only win smaller races.
    Cancellera will be there or thereabouts, but will be "unlucky" and come up short. Some podiums.

Can't see Vanmarke winning LBL! Otherwise, predictions are going well.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    ddraver wrote:
    Agreed, Kristoffis not looking so hot either and in the absence of Degenkolb, it's going to be down to Sky and EBH to bring the competition - who woulda thunk

..I ve made worse predictions
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver