Going Tubeless - Slime Pro vs Stans - my experience.

2»

Comments

• D4V1D
    D4V1D Posts: 233
    Stans fluid is great. I've tried cheaper ones but regretted putting them in to the wheels. My current set up is normal tyres and wheels but using a 20" BMX inner tube on 26" wheels. Stans works really well.
    I'm not a racer, but I like to churn out 2-3hr rides,
    I love Cannock and Llandegla cycle parks.
    Cube Acid 2010
    Upgraded RockShox Reba RL Forks, twin air.
    Updrade RockShox dropper seat post.
    Went tubeless DIY style using a 20" BMX tube. Lasting well.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Did all that Nick, it wasn't moving at all, it was soapy watered and pushed and pulled around at 20 and 25 and 30 psi (by 35psi you can't!), not going on.

POAH, the OP used stans, unless you've tried it on stans, you can't really comment with the same authority as someone who has can you?

done both flow ex and crest in the last couple of days, went up absolutely no problem.
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Removing rim tape is easy enough, just heat it with a hair drier and no mess gets left behind.
    I'm currently using tractor tyre sealant! It's a latex sealant intended for sealing tyres so I thought I would try it and it's less than a quater of the price of Stans sealant. After two months it's still doing fine.

Have heard about it as my local group mentioned it one day, but couldn't source it?

Where do you get it from??

C
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Mole Valley Farmers.
  • gazman428
    gazman428 Posts: 111
    I cracked a rim coming down snowdon. As i was away on holiday a shop I was staying by rebuilt my wheel and put the tyre back on. They used slime where as i always use stans. Ever since green watery substance has leaked through the tyre and at the time it kept loosing pressure. Its still leaking watery stuff through old holes now even after changing back to stans, but its not loosing much pressure.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Started by using Stans on both a "kitted" conversion and a ghetto (insulation tape and valve) conversion and it's always been excellent. Then LBS recommended Joe's as being a cheaper option and that has been excellent as well. Seen way too many problems with Slime liners and tubes to even think about putting any of their products anywhere near my wheels.

Very interested in the tractor sealant options though - good find RM!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • _HENDO_
    _HENDO_ Posts: 93
    Stans rims, stans fluid and maxxis tyres. No issues for me!
    For professional MTB & BMX coaching, training & guiding!
    www.pedaltoprogression.com