Friday off

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,329
edited December 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning all,
Today I shall mostly be acting like t47. Well, I'll probably eat more than he does though.

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Certainly eat better stuff than he does (better does not mean healthier)

Morning
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Day off :D

Today I will mostly be eating moussaka :D

You decide whether that is good or bad :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Morning all. In early today because I have loads to do. I am away on Jury Service starting Monday so am trying to clear my desk. On the positive side, the girls in the office have started covering everything in decorations, putting up trees etc and I won't have to be here to see it all. Bah humbug.
    Later I will be stacking my massive log delivery for the forthcoming "worst winter in 50 years" that everyone seems to be banging on about. This will build up a nice thirst for the pub later.
    Cheerio.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Friday not off. Definitely on. With a suggestion of a hangover. And a gazzillion things to do.

Where's that coffee...
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • Flâneur
    My boss just sent my minion on some errand for half the day. This means I haven't had a coffee and I may have to get it myself....

V68, Stevo advise please
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    My boss just sent my minion on some errand for half the day. This means I haven't had a coffee and I may have to get it myself....

V68, Stevo advise please

Not sure if V68 is the right person to ask. He has his boss* and minions to make him tea. Stevo works in the city so he probably contracts tea making out.
    *Can't work that one out.

Morning

Shirking will be curtailed by the sheer weight of stuff that will engulf me. Tidal wave, avalanche - call it what you like but it will be more like a mud slide.

@JoshjEvans: Is there any faint chance that people have to pass a test on basic fettling knowledge and be able to spot a road bike as a filter before they can post their drivel in BB?
    I managed to recognise 8 of 15 crudder machines on that quiz on the home page. that's at least a 'C' pass.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Friday off would be a joy, however I have to contend with stuff written on paper and computery screens.

On a positive note I have alreay made an Italian one pot beef thingy with a full bottle of Chianti and MrsHD has made a salted caramel tart.
    Later I will be stacking my massive log delivery for the forthcoming "worst winter in 50 years" that everyone seems to be banging on about.

Real men chop their own wood for the log burner. I* bought a new Stihl last week to replace the CSO that died a death a month ago.

*work.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Hmm. My Komatsu is just about dead for that very reason. Can't fault it really. I got it second hand 7 years ago.
    Damn expensive to replace. Stihl's suffer ignition coil failure like my petrol hedge strimmer and it was costly to replace.
  • My Stihl M170 still going strong after 12 or so years. Contemplating getting an electric log splitter on the basis I've not had to buy a single log in twenty years of having open fires so I've saved my self a fair amount already.

Can't understand people who don't make their own tea or coffee or for others at work as its a very legitimate work shirking tactic.

Roll on lunchtime, I'm bloomin' starving.
  • Unfortunately Mrs BBG has forbidden me to buy a chainsaw. Fair enough, really, as I am quite accident prone and she has taken me to A&E a few times over the years.
    She has not, however, barred me from borrowing one.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Flâneur
    Change of plan, Pub lunch, Telfords I think, maybe even a cider in honour of TWL
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    My B'day today. So finished all my paperwork last night. And went out for a spin this morning.
    Food and Drink tonight. Looking forward to seeing my son who is coming home from Uni for the night.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Happy birthday!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Happy birthday Goo.
    Been out and about all morning. Took the girl to try and get her neck and head sorted by quackery. Then was stupid enough to go into Kingston and attempt a spot of Christmas shopping. Lots of people, worse than a normal Saturday and I avoid them. Managed to burn the roof of my mouth on a currywurst so had to have beer to cool it. Bought some stuff and set off for home thinking I'd nick the EPO's bike from the station to get things back. Unfortunately both bags were far too big to go in the basket so I had to walk. I have now made myself a cup of tea having forgotten I've burnt my mouth. Now have tea I can't drink. Should I send it to Fluffer?
  • Flâneur
    Who is the fluffer you talk about
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Happy 50th Goo.

Been fitting glass today at the depot in the wind. I got the measurements wrong :oops: and had to get a brand new glass cutter and trim 1/8th off one and 3/8ths off another. I'm pretty sh1t at glass cutting but got there in the end, despite the wind.
    Left the putty on top of the genny to get it warm, that was fun.

When I go to A&E, they have to wheel my notes in on a trolley.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Happy birthday Mr Goo.

Day off went well, went out in a (real :roll: ) car, made Mrs T drive, didn't ride a bicycle at all, drank beer at lunch time, I felt like you lot for the day, wine is now open, back to own life tomorrow so up and out on a bike at the crack of dawn or after it gets warmer than 15c whichever is first :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Ahhhhh, beer #1.

And that's a number, not some stupid Twitter thing.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Evening, Happy 50th Goo.

MTB is broken (well forks) well beyond me, the bit for the screw to screw into at the bottom of the fork has gone.

Rant; why do restauratns say oh there is more than 6 of you, you have to have the set menu. Surely you are able to cover for this number anyway? We are just a larger group than 4. You haven't opened a new joint just for us, or created a new kitchen. Oh and no I don't want to sit 16 people in tables of 4 so we can take over half your restaurant. I'm about to give you enough business that you should just accept we will want to sit around 1 big (maybe 2) tables
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Evening, Happy 50th Goo.

I've no idea how old he is :D

Soz about the MTB, don't loose any sleep - just chuck it in a skip. In fact, send it to me and i'll put it through the baler, send it back to you as a 12" x 14" cube that you can put on the mantelpiece.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549

V68, Stevo advise please
    I make my own, ta. Admittedly that only involves pushing the right button on the coffee machine....

Busy day including lunch with new minion who joins week after next. And dealing with the French. Busy weekend ahead as well, but for now its dossing time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Busy day in Shropshire/Cheshire too

Bright side agreed a mortgage, ordered a car and went to the pub
  • pinno

With all that building work, I bet you went for a Skoda Estelle to keep the budget in tow.
  • tlw1

With all that building work, I bet you went for a Skoda Estelle to keep the budget in tow.

There might be a lot of costs coming my way, but I have limits
  • pinno
    Get one with a Sun roof and call it 'skip'.
    Make sure it has a heated widow then you'll keep you hands warm pushing it.

I remember all those Skoda jokes - before they became VW's that is or are you too young to remember?
    {that makes me feel old saying that}.

What's the difference between a Skoda and a sheep?
  • I say many happy returns to Mr Goo too, and many robust postings on here. It was a great day for a (bike) ride here in south Hampshire. Well, it was this side of the Solent. Shame it pissed it down this pipemma.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Flâneur

went with an Octavia instead, and not the VRS version.

I assumed 50 was random, but it sounded good, like a proper birthday worth noting.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1

I assumed 50 was random, but it sounded good, like a proper birthday worth noting.

I've gone hippy and ordered a hybrid
  • pinno

I've gone hippy and ordered a hybrid

With grip shift, panniers and slicks? :shock:
  • Flâneur
    918?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy