Which frame

13»

Comments

• 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Aarrgh. JE James have an RCa in stock (apparently) in the right size. Soo hard not to just default to the known good. Didn't know I had such brand loyalty. It's only the size of the dent in the bank balance that's stopping me. Unfortunately I am presently drinking some (rather nice) champagne and it's going to my head. I may need to lock my wallet in the safe.

As you were.
  • harry-s
    harry-s Posts: 295
    How's the head?
    And more importantly, how's the wallet?
  • 964cup
    How's the head?
    And more importantly, how's the wallet?
    Narrow escape so far, thanks. Don't get a hangover from champagne and managed to resist temptation. It may not last...
  • harry-s
    What did you go for in the end 964cup?
    I bit the bullet, champagne free, and went for an R5 frameset. The rest of the bits should arrive in the next week or so and I can start putting them together.
    Looking forward to a good session with the spanners!
  • 964cup
    What did you go for in the end 964cup?
    I bit the bullet, champagne free, and went for an R5 frameset. The rest of the bits should arrive in the next week or so and I can start putting them together.
    Looking forward to a good session with the spanners!
    I didn't yet; CBR are still working on my 5Ca. When they're done, I'll take a view on whether I'm happy or not. If not, then I'll either go mad and buy the RCa, or stay sane and get the Fuji SL 1.1. There is an excellent deal right now on the Supersix Evo Nano, but it's not an ideal geometry for me.

Hope you enjoy the R5; I was reunited with my R5VWD over the winter and reminded myself what a good frameset it is. It's an easy 6Kg build, too, with the right wheels.
  • harry-s
    Finally put it all together, so here it is.
    Mostly 3T LTD finishing kit, 4iiii PM. It's the first time I've put together a Di2 system, and was surprised how easy it was. As seen, it comes in at 6.6kg, and considering it's a 58 frame with those tyres and wheels (Conti GP4000 25s & DA C24s) I'm pretty happy with that. Just got to get out and ride it now!

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg