What Helmet???

2»

Comments

• Kask Mojito is the best helmet I've tried.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Ive recently switched to a mavic Synchro - which I think is very stylish - the helmet itself is slightly let down by the flimsy straps compared to my previous Met Stradivarius
  • IMHO, aero helmets on non-racers makes the wearer look like a complete pleb/try hard/'thinks he's something' kind of person.

Plus, being aero is counter productive if you want to burn calories and keep fit.

Have a look at Lazer helmets, great quality and comfort. You can also get a clear 'aeroshell' for them, meaning it's practically invisible. It blocks most of the vents and is therefore brilliant for wet/cold days, saving you the need for a casquette.
    The above isn't a hypocritical comment by the way, as the aeroshell is see-through and not used for aerodynamics...

So what's it for then? People who want an aero lid but don't want to look a pleb and not burn calories?
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I've just got the Kask slidey vent helmet for the winter. More for the ability to close the vents and keep the draught/rain/sleet out more than the aero benefits. Oh and it was cheap.

Wear whatever you like. Don't mind what IrishMac thinks of you.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    When Kask brought out the Protone in the UK, sales of the Infinity plummeted as it gives the aero advantage without the lack of cooling.

Although it may be impossible to feel the aero benefit in terms - there is one benefit of being are that I have found with both the Protone and Synthe. Less wind noise. I have found this particularly useful in traffic and in group riding.
  • simon t
    simon t Posts: 132
    Kask mojito is bargain, grab one if it fits you
  • I like the S-Works Evade, Just got one. The Cycle-store was doing them cheap a while ago.
    Just checked they are still doing them for £127.99 down from £160.00

Sigma doing them for £99. Think if I was buying any new helmet I'd get a MIPS version.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles