Zwift - Edge 810 - with Cadence and Speed Sensor

Russell Smith
Russell Smith Posts: 229
All,
Configuration: Zwift with Edge 810 and Cyclops Fluid 2

I am unable to get the speed and distance to register on Zwift , although it picks up the Cadence and HRM no problem.

I have the magnet attached but when on the Cyclops the speed does not register, wlthough without making any changes out on the road it is fine.

Any suggestions welcome.

By the way the support and response from Zwift as a start up has been excellent so far, but unable to resolve the issue.

Thanks In advance

Russ

Comments

• So does speed (and distance) register on the 810 whilst you're on the trainer? Which speed and cadence sensors are you using?

I haven't used Zwift, but do use TrainerRoad which is essentially the same setup. Is there somewhere to input your wheel-size in the Zwift software and is that set correctly?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Turn off GPS?
  • First of all the Garmin 810 is a distraction here, you don't need it and it plays no part in the setup - put it away :)

If your cadence and HRM are picking up then there might be an issue with the speed sensor, does it work with other things?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Check the wheel magnet, out on the road it will pick up the speed from GPS zwift needs the wheel speed to pick up the power. Does the garmin pick up speed and distance on the trainer? Are you using the old GSC10 or the new one? The GSC10 works perfectly on mine, same setup. I use the garmin to rest my phone on with a rubber band round, works great as a computer, Garmin is redundant on zwift.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Yep, don't use the head unit, it's redundant.
  • All,

First of all sorry not to have replied sooner, OK
    Also I have the Ant Plus USB Dongle which I forgot to mention.

I) I'll turn the GPS Off
    II) Turn the 810 Off
    II) Speed and Cadence sensor is Garmin also
    IV) The Wheel Size is set up on the Garmin I will check Zwift
    V) I have also replaced the batteries in the Speed and Cadence sensor

WIll give it a squizz tomorrow night

Thanks Ever So Much, and the support from Zwift has been good to.

So does speed (and distance) register on the 810 whilst you're on the trainer? Which speed and cadence sensors are you using?

I haven't used Zwift, but do use TrainerRoad which is essentially the same setup. Is there somewhere to input your wheel-size in the Zwift software and is that set correctly?

Turn off GPS?

First of all the Garmin 810 is a distraction here, you don't need it and it plays no part in the setup - put it away :)

If your cadence and HRM are picking up then there might be an issue with the speed sensor, does it work with other things?

Yep, don't use the head unit, it's redundant.